If you’re a fan of Caesar dressing, you’ll love these Chicken Caesar Sliders. They may be small, but they pack some big flavor!
First and foremost, I must tell you that I originally posted this recipe one year ago.
Like, seriously, exactly one year ago today. And almost at the same exact time.
I didn’t even plan for this to happen. In fact, I only even realized it just a little while ago.
I remember writing the original post. It had snowed and the kids were playing with the neighbors. Strangely, we just had a blizzard a few days ago and now have mounds and mounds of snow.
So, why am I reintroducing this recipe anyway?
Well, those of you who regularly follow the blog know that Greg is on a gluten-free diet due to his IBS. Therefore, I have been trying to revamp our favorite recipes into gluten-free versions of themselves. Oh, and we also have to be mindful of his dairy intake. His diet allows for low-lactose dairy products, such as Parmesan, Romano and cheddar cheeses. Although, I must say, he has been able to tolerate a little more dairy then he did when he was originally diagnosed. As long as he keeps his total lactose levels pretty low for the day, he can try a little cheese with higher lactose percentages. For example, he was able to have a gluten-free pizza with (dare I say it) mozzarella cheese since that was the only dairy he ate that day. That was the highlight of my day for sure! Oh, cheese! Oh, glorious cheese!
OK, so I loooove cheese. I think that has been established.
Anyway, to get back to the point, I had no idea that the night I picked to remake these sliders would be the same night I originally made them last year.
In any event, I decided to remake these Chicken Caesar Sliders using a Caesar dressing that did not contain buttermilk, just Parmesan and Romano cheeses. The other change I made was to substitute seasoned bread crumbs for their gluten-free counterparts. I had to add slightly more gluten-free bread crumbs to achieve the same consistency.
Gluten-free or not, if you love Caesar dressing (and cheese), you will love these little burgers!
Learn how to make it
To make these Chicken Caesar Sliders, start by combining ground chicken breast, breadcrumbs (gluten-free or regular), grated cheeses, Caesar dressing , fresh parsley, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
Form chicken burger patties into sliders.
Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Cook sliders over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165º F. You can flip about every 5 minutes until burgers are evenly browned on both sides.
Serve these juicy, flavorful sliders with additional tangy Caesar dressing and sweet, smoky roasted red peppers.
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs or 5 tablespoons "Gluten Free, Seasoned 4C Crumbs"
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ cup Caesar dressing plus additional for topping
- 1½ teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Roasted red peppers (for topping)
- Place ground chicken in large mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs (regular or gluten-free), grated cheeses, dressing, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Form chicken burger patties into sliders (Recipe yields 8 sliders).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place sliders in a large non-stick skillet and cook for approximately 15 minutes on medium until internal temperature reaches 165º F. You can flip about every 5 minutes until burgers are evenly browned on both sides.
- Serve topped with additional Caesar dressing and roasted red peppers. Enjoy alone or on regular or gluten-free slider buns.