Soooo, this recipe for Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies is the first recipe I have made since I left my full-time job.
And because of this, I must have eaten at least half of these cookies myself. A little pick here, a little pick there and before you know it, there are only two cookies left.
See, I used to bring all the leftover food to work, mostly so I could get some feedback on the recipes, but also partly so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat it all myself.
But how can you help yourself when there are oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies staring at you every time you walk into the kitchen? Oh, the soft, chewy and chocolaty deliciousness!!
What’s great about these cookies is the fact that even though they are gluten-free, you would never know it. Yup, it’s true. Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill “Gluten Free, 1 to 1 Baking Flour,” I am now able to re-create my favorite recipes by substituting the all-purpose flour with this gluten-free variety. No experimenting with different kinds and flour or having to add xantham gum. This product already has it in it! Let me say, this gluten-free flour worked like a charm!
Oh, and those last two cookies, well, they’re gone. No, I did not eat them! The kids! The kids! They did it…thank goodness I left two 🙂
To make these Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies, start by using a spoon to mix the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
Next, combine the dry ingredients in another mixing bowl.
Once combined, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together. Then mix in gluten-free oats and chocolate chunks. Cover and place the dough in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. About halfway through refrigeration, preheat the oven to 350° F.
Roll the dough into balls, approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place onto an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until the edges just begin to turn golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cookies set and cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter (16 tablespoons or 1 cup)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups Bob's Red Mill "Gluten Free, 1 to 1 Baking Flour"
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Use a spoon to mix together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine gluten free flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Mix in oats and chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll dough into balls, approximately 1¼ to 1½ inches in diameter. Place dough balls onto an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes until cookies are light golden brown.
- Recipe yields 3 dozen cookies.