OK, I know what your thinking.
Seriously? Another hummus recipe?
Yup, you got that right! By now I’m sure you’re aware of my affinity for hummus. In fact, I recently created a BuzzFeed post dedicated to my love for this versatile dip.
So, as an olive lover as well, it made perfect sense for me to create a hummus with my favorite type of olive, the pimento-stuffed green olive. Oh, those delicious, salty gems with the sweet surprise in the middle. How perfect they are mixed into a creamy, smooth dip…
OK, without further ado, I’ll get to the good stuff – how to make this Green Olive and Pimento Hummus, which by the way, is a perfect snack for your Meatless Monday menu, I might add!
To start, open up a can of chickpeas, rinse and drain them in a colander and peel off the skins. To remove the skin from a chickpea, rub it between your pointer finger and thumb and the peel will come off.
Discard skins and add chickpeas to your food processor. Then add olives, olive “juice”, garlic, lemon juice, paprika and salt. Begin by processing on low, slowly adding olive oil. Scrape the sides as needed and continue to process on high until smooth and no chunks remain.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional sliced pimento-stuffed green olives and paprika if desired. Now get out your tortilla chips, pita chips or fresh veggies and dig in!
Did you enjoy this Green Olive and Pimento Hummus? Olive to know what you think! 🙂
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added chickpeas, skins removed (if desired)
- ⅔ cup pimento-stuffed green olives, packed
- 1 tablespoon jarred olive liquid
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sliced pimento-stuffed green olives, for garnish (optional)
- Additional paprika, for garnish (optional)
- Add chickpeas, olives, jarred olive liquid, garlic, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon paprika and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Begin processing on low speed.
- While processing, slowly add the olive oil.
- Process on high speed until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides and continue processing.
- Once the hummus has a smooth consistency, transfer to serving bowl and garnish with sliced olives and additional paprika, if desired.