This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
If you love Buffalo wings, you’ll love these Buffalo Chicken Burgers with traditional Buffalo wing accompaniments packed right inside.
Buffalo sauce isn’t just for chicken wings! Don’t be fooled by the name of the popular restaurant chain dedicated to the chicken wing and the signature sauce that made it famous. It’s OK to eat Buffalo sauce on other foods. In fact, I enjoy Buffalo sauce with chicken nuggets, hot pretzels, hard boiled eggs, steamed rice and macaroni and cheese. The kids constantly tease me about my “hot sauce problem.”
OK, so maybe you’re not as Buffalo “wild” or crazy like I am, but if you do love classic Buffalo wings, you will love these Buffalo Chicken Burgers.
Like restaurant-style Buffalo chicken wings, which are commonly served with celery and carrot sticks on the side and garnished with scallions, these traditional “accompaniments” are packed right inside the burger. Also starring in this recipe are garlic, onion and parsley. And to make them extra “Buffalo-y” (I’m sure that’s not a word but you get the point), Buffalo sauce makes its appearance inside, on the top and on the bottom of the burger. Buffalo fans (the sauce, not the sports team), will not be disappointed. Not to mention, these babies are super juicy and loaded with flavor!
How to make Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Start by chopping carrot, celery, scallion, onion, garlic and parsley in a food processor.
Season the veggie mixture with salt and pepper (as demonstrated by Londyn 🙂 ) and cook in a skillet for about 10 minutes to soften the veggies and merge the flavors.
Mix ground chicken breast with Buffalo sauce and veggie mixture until evenly distributed. Form into patties (will make 4-5 burgers depending on the size).
Cook burgers in a non-stick skillet for approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove burgers from pan and transfer to paper towels to absorb grease. Drain excess oil from skillet.
Return burgers to the skillet. Pour your desired amount of Buffalo sauce on top of each burger. Flip the burger over so the Buffalo sauce side faces down. Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds to soak in the Buffalo flavor. Repeat the process by adding another spoonful of Buffalo sauce to the “new” top of each burger. Flip over and cook for another 30 seconds.
Enjoy these Buffalo Chicken Burgers with the toppings of your choice. We used avocado slices and blue cheese dressing. To keep them gluten-free, serve on your favorite gluten-free buns.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers [Gluten-Free]
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into four or five pieces)
- 2 celery hearts (cut into large pieces)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion (also known as green onion)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (peeled and quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce plus more for topping (I used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- Add carrot, celery, scallion, onion, garlic and parsley to the bowl of a food processor. Process on low or use the pulse setting until everything is finely chopped.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add carrot, celery, scallion, onion, garlic and parsley mixture to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium-low for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will soften the veggies and give them a more mild flavor. Let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Place ground chicken breast in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce and veggie mixture. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Form chicken burger patties into the size you desire (will make 4-5 burgers depending on size).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place burgers in skillet and cook for approximately 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165º F. You can flip about every 5 minutes until burgers are evenly browned on both sides.
- Remove burgers from pan and transfer to paper towels to absorb grease. Drain excess oil from skillet.
- Return burgers to the skillet. Pour your desired amount of Buffalo sauce on top of each burger. Flip the burger over so the Buffalo sauce side faces down. Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds to soak in the Buffalo flavor.
- Repeat the process by adding another spoonful of Buffalo sauce to the "new" top of each burger. Flip over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Enjoy with the toppings of your choice.
So, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) when you purchase from Amazon through our link.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.