This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This vegetarian Creamy Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta combines a savory pumpkin cream sauce with a tasty chickpea and lentil pasta for a delicious, hearty protein-packed meal that’s ready in 20 minutes.
Chickpeas are my life!
That’s what I said to my cousin last weekend when she came to visit me in New Jersey. I hadn’t seen her in over five years, so we had a lot to catch up on. Of course, food was an important part of the conversation. 😉
I don’t remember exactly what we were talking about at the time, but she randomly asked, “Have you ever had chickpea pasta?”
That’s when I shouted, “Chickpeas are my life!”
Without another word, I proceeded to get up from the table and head to the kitchen. I returned with a box of Chickapea pasta and placed it on the table in front of her. “This,” I said, “you must try.”
I first purchased Chickapea pasta on Amazon after hearing so many good things about it from other bloggers and seeing (mostly drooling) over their gorgeous pasta creations.
I was also drawn to this pasta because…
- it has just two ingredients, chickpeas and lentils!
- it’s gluten-free and grain-free.
- it is full of nutrients, such as vitamin C, calcium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, magnesium, iron, zinc and phosphorus.
- it’s got 27 grams of protein per 3.5 oz serving (15 grams per 2 oz serving).
- it has 13 grams of fiber per 3.5 oz serving (8 grams per 2 oz serving).
Not only is it ridiculously healthy, but it tastes amazing too! Even my 10-year-old is a fan! Once I tried it for the first time, I knew it would be perfect with my pumpkin cream sauce. I used the Chickapea penne for this recipe, but you can definitely try it with the spirals or shells.
So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself some Chickapea and cook up this Creamy Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta! 🙂
Creamy Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the cream sauce. Start by heating butter, half & half, white pepper, nutmeg and salt in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Keep cooking sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted.
- Once the butter is melted, remove sauce from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- As soon as the pasta is done, drain and combine with the sauce in a large serving bowl. Garnish with chopped basil and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
So, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) when you purchase from Amazon through our link.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.