This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This Kalamata Olive and Feta Hummus is a delicious snack that’s perfect for parties or even after school.
Yes, I did it again.
I made another hummus.
Did you really think I would stop? Like I was done making hummuses? Or is it hummi?
It’s one of those words like hippopotamus. Is the correct plural hippopatami or hippopotamuses? Hmm….
Anyway, according to my Google search, it appears hummuses is the way to go.
Soooo, I came up with this Kalamata Olive and Feta Hummus recipe after making my Two-Bean Vegetarian Nachos. I had quite a bit of Kalamata olives left after making the nachos since I bought a HUGE jar.
As I was putting the jar back in the refrigerator, I had a vision. I saw a dish of hummus garnished with Kalamata olives and feta cheese. I started planning the recipe in my head before I was finished cleaning the kitchen.
Haha! Who am I kidding? Ahem, what I meant was: I started planning the recipe in my head before Greg was finished cleaning the kitchen. Now, that’s more accurate. I’m not very good at washing dishes! I try; I really do, but Greg is like some kind of dish washing ninja. I could blink and everything’s clean. Poof! Meanwhile, I’m scrubbing one stubborn spot off of the same pan for 10 minutes. AND IT NEVER COMES OFF! UGH!
So, I’ve decided to leave dish washing to the pros and just keep making hummuses! 🙂
This Kalamata Olive and Feta Hummus is super creamy thanks to the feta cheese!
Learn how to make it
To make it, start by adding chickpeas, Kalamata olives, olive juice, feta cheese, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh dill and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
Begin processing on low speed, slowly adding the olive oil. Then, process on high speed until smooth and creamy. Garnish with additional Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.
Kalamata Olive and Feta Hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added chickpeas / garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed with skins removed, if desired)
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives + more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons jarred olive liquid
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles + more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Add chickpeas, olives, jarred olive liquid, feta cheese, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Begin processing on low speed.
- While processing, slowly add the olive oil.
- Process on high speed until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides and continue processing.
- Once the hummus has a smooth consistency, transfer to serving bowl and garnish with additional sliced olives and feta cheese.