This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
This Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus is not only perfect for dipping, but can also be used as a spread for your favorite cold sandwich or panini.
The fact that most of the basil in our garden is going to seed definitely played a part in my decision to create this recipe. So, I was like, “We have to use this basil! What should I make?”
Hummus is always the answer. 😉
At least it is in this house.
Time to break out the food processor! Move out of the way people…Mommy’s making hummus!
I decided to pair the basil with sun-dried tomatoes which is a classic combination. The flavors of the two complement each other perfectly. After all the ingredients took a spin, I topped off this basil-y, tomato-y creation with some pine nuts and some more chopped fresh basil.
How to Make Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
Add chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and water to the bowl of a food processor.
Blend until smooth and creamy on high speed, slowly incorporating olive oil. Stop intermittently to scrape the sides of the bowl. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with pine nuts as well as chopped basil, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or fresh veggies. You can also leave off the pine nuts and use this hummus as a sandwich spread.
Holy Hummus, Batman! Here’s more delightful dips for your eating pleasure:
Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added chickpeas / garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed with skins removed (if desired)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, not in oil and not seasoned, tightly packed (I used julienne-cut)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts for garnish (if desired)
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (if desired)
- Add chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, lemon juice, salt and water to the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy on high speed, slowly adding 4 tablespoons of olive oil as you go and occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl of the food processor to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with pine nuts and chopped basil if desired.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.