This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These Vegan Brownie Bites are full of chocolaty flavor and are easily made in one bowl. Also known as “two-bite brownies,” these mini decadent delights are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free too!
Every time I bake a batch of these two-bite delights, I cannot stop hearing the old Tootsie Pop commercial in my head…
Except now it goes like this: How many bites does it take to eat a mini brownie?
One. Two (crumbs left on plate). Two. The answer is two. It takes two bites to eat a mini brownie. 😉
A better question would be: How many mini brownies will I actually get to eat before my husband and kids devour them all?
Zero. I will get to eat zero brownies. That is, not unless I stash them in a secret location in the cupboard where no one will find them (which is basically just toward the back of the shelf since they don’t look for anything past the front row anyway).
I’m just kidding. They’re nice enough to let me have one, maybe two if I’m lucky. 😉
Just try them for yourself, and you’ll
see taste why they are so addictive. 🙂
What is needed to make vegan two-bite brownies?
In order to make these brownie bites, you’ll need some aquafaba, which is the liquid found in a can of chickpeas. Not only is it an amazing vegan egg substitute, but it also gives you an excuse to make another dish with chickpeas (not that you need one because chickpeas are awesome).
Just be sure you are using “no salt added” chickpeas to obtain your aquafaba. You’ll only need 6 tablespoons of aquafaba for this recipe, so you can store the rest in an airtight container (I use a mason jar) in the refrigerator for about a week.
You’ll also need a 24-cup mini muffin tin and mini baking cups. I highly recommend using parchment baking cups to prevent sticking.
Other Ingredients Needed for this vegan brownie recipe:
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Gluten-Free, Whole-Grain Oat Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
How to make these mini brownies
Before you get started, you will need to preheat your oven to 350° F and line your mini muffin tin with mini baking cups.
You’ll also need to melt the coconut oil and let it cool down to room temperature. Once the coconut oil has cooled, add it to a large mixing bowl along with coconut sugar, maple syrup, aquafaba and vanilla extract.
Then, whisk to combine. Next, whisk in oat flour and kosher salt.
Now, add cocoa powder.
Stir in the cocoa powder and then add mini chocolate chips.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Then, scoop batter into baking cups.
Bake for 18-22 minutes.
So, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂
You might also enjoy:
Vegan Brownie Bites [Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Nut-Free]
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled so not too hot (I used refined coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 6 tbsp aquafaba
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole-grain, gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini refined sugar-free, vegan chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life or Davis Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 24-cup mini muffin tin with mini baking cups (I recommend using parchment baking cups to prevent sticking).
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, aquafaba and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in oat flour and kosher salt.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I used a #60 disher) to scoop batter into baking cups.
- Bake on the center rack for 18-22 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of one of the bites comes out clean with no streaks of batter (mine took 20 minutes). Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.