Woot woot! It’s New Year’s Eve! And do you know what that means? It’s time to unveil Watch Learn Eat’s top 10 recipes of 2016. So, bring out the noisemakers and let’s get this party started!
10. Getting things going is our Apple Banana Smoothie with Peanut Powder, which holds our number 10 spot. This healthy drink is a cross between a peanut butter and banana sandwich and apple slices with peanut butter. Did someone say, “New Year’s Resolution?” Hint, hint. Healthy drink in the house (As a side to all my 90s peeps, I wanted to write “hizouse,” but my 8-year old hovering over my shoulder said, “huh, what?” And so, the clock ticks on…oh, another year older).
9. Landing at number 9 is our Risotto with Mushrooms and Peas. This hearty, vegetarian meal is perfect for your Meatless Monday meal plan.
8. Eight is great! Here we have our Gluten-Free Cheese-Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls. Gooey cheese combined with mashed potatoes fried to perfection…um, yeah, you need them in your life. 🙂
7. Once you’re done with your fried potato goodness, you can get back to your healthy habits with our Apple Blueberry Lemon Smoothie. With only three ingredients, this drink is ridiculously easy to make and loaded with vitamins. Mmm…delicious!
6. Sneaking in at number 6 is our Kalamata Olive and Feta Hummus. Creamy and smooth, this hummus does not disappoint!
5. Next up is our Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. This recipe provides a healthier alternative to traditional hot wings and can easily be made gluten-free.
4. For all the cheese lovers out there, I got you. If our mashed potato balls didn’t satisfy your cheesiness, then check out these Two-Bean Vegetarian Nachos. Whether you enjoy them as a main course or appetizer, they are both cheesy and easy. 😉
3. Coming in at number 3 is one of my favorite mishaps – our Arugula Pasta Salad. When our local grocery store ran out of cannellini beans, I had to change my plans and revise my recipe to include the ingredients I could find. The final product resulted in one of our most popular recipes this year.
2. Just barely beating out the pasta salad for the number 2 spot is our Roasted Garlic Parmesan Hummus. As a self-proclaimed hummus addict, this one takes the cake for my FAVORITE hummus ever!
1. And finally we have come to number 1! Taking the top position for 2016 is our Lentil Pasta with Roasted Garlic, Broccoli and Creamy Red Pepper Sauce. This gluten-free, vegetarian dish is also one of our most pinned recipes of all time!
And with that, our list of the top 10 recipes of 2016 is complete. As we say good-bye to 2016 and hello to 2017, we’d like to thank our readers for making this a great year for our blog. We are so excited to share new recipes and stories in the coming year. Stay tuned for what’s to come! And of course, have a happy and healthy New Year!