This rustic white bean dip features the flavors of lemon, parsley, rosemary, garlic and Romano cheese.
Dippity do dah, dippity yay!
Yes, I did just make up those lyrics.
Why, you ask?
BECAUSE THIS WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE WILL TAKE YOU TO THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!
OK, not in the physical sense, but in spirit 🙂
Seriously though, dip does make me happy on a regular basis. I have to say that I tend to get a little excited about dip. Like, I really, really love dip – onion dip, cheese dip, spinach dip, hummus, guacamole, salsa – you get the picture. At parties you can usually find me hanging out by the veggies and dip snacking away.
But this White Bean Dip is THE ONE!
I first made this White Bean Dip Christmas Eve 2013. Every year, each family member brings an Italian dish for the big feast! As I added my dip to the appetizer counter, I said “this is my version of Italian hummus.” It was a hit!
If you’re a dip fiend like me, you have to try this recipe. Why is it so good? Well it starts with creamy cannellini beans, tangy lemon juice and lemon zest for an extra zing. Next, the marriage of mild parsley with earthy, powerful rosemary and garlic delivers a rustic flavor reminiscent of enjoying a meal at your favorite Italian bistro.
And then there’s the secret ingredient…wait for it…wait for it…
Pecorino Romano to be exact. Adding this sharp cheese truly takes this dip to the next level.
And what’s the best part? That it’s so simple and takes only minutes to make! Not to mention an easy clean up!
Learn how to make it
Start making this White Bean Dip by adding all of the ingredients except for the olive oil to the bowl of a food processor.
Blend on high, slowly adding olive oil until dip reaches a creamy, smooth consistency.
There you have it. This White Bean Dip is perfect for a date night appetizer atop toasted Italian bread paired with a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio! It’s also great as a snack served with pretzels, pita chips, tortilla chips or carrot sticks.
Now dip it – dip it good! 🙂
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (approximately 1 medium lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add first 8 ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy on high speed, slowly adding the olive oil as you go and occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl of the food processor to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed (approximately 3 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, check out our Cannellini Bean and Avocado Hummus next. 🙂