Southwest Lentil Pasta Salad
Combining a little bit of spicy with a little bit of sweet, this Southwest Lentil Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your Meatless Monday meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
Servings 6 -8
- 1 cup store bought ranch dressing (I used Marzetti Simply Dressed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz.) package Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn (chilled or room temperature)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (seeded)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (seeded)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (sliced lengthwise)
- 4 oz. cubed pepper jack cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish (if desired)
Stir taco seasoning into ranch dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
Once completely drained, add pasta to a large mixing bowl.
Add corn, red and green bell pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes and cheese. Toss to combine.
Stir in dressing.
Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.