Gluten-Free Cheese-Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls [with Vegetarian Option]
Liven up your leftovers with these Gluten-Free Cheese-Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls. Serve topped with Caesar or ranch dressing and fresh parsley for an amazing appetizer for your family or party guests!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 16 potato balls
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese (cut into cubes approximately 1/2-3/4 inch per cube)
- 3 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with vegetarian ingredients for vegetarian option)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free seasoned bread crumbs
- gluten-free Caesar dressing for topping (for vegetarian option, use ranch dressing)
- Chopped fresh parsley for topping
Heat vegetable oil in a medium pot (enough to cover the potato balls completely) to 350° F.
While you are heating the oil, surround each cheese cube one at a time with mashed potatoes and form into a ball approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Make sure the cheese remains in the center and cannot be seen by looking at the surface.
Coat each potato ball in flour, followed by egg and then gluten-free bread crumbs.
Fry potato balls in batches of four until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes per batch).
Place fried potato balls on paper towels to drain excess oil.
Serve topped with Caesar or ranch dressing and chopped fresh parsley.