Italian Pickled Vegetable (Giardiniera) Hummus
Enjoy this Italian Pickled Vegetable (Giardiniera) Hummus as a dip, sandwich spread or salad topper.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fancy giardiniera, packed and stems removed from peppers (I used Cento brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jarred giardiniera liquid
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
Add chickpeas, giardiniera, jarred giardiniera liquid, garlic, lemon juice and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
Begin processing on low speed.
While processing, slowly add the olive oil.
Process on high speed until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides and continue processing.
Once the hummus has a smooth consistency, transfer to serving bowl and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.