Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These soft and chewy Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies will please both gluten-free and non-gluten free eaters alike.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 48 cookies
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter (16 tablespoons or 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill "Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour"
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Use a spoon to mix together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined.
In another bowl, combine gluten free flour, baking soda and salt.
Mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
Mix in oats and chocolate chunks.
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
About halfway through refrigeration, preheat oven to 350°
Place dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake approximately 10-12 minutes until cookies are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cookies set and cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack. Allow baking sheet to cool in between uses and be sure to store the dough in the refrigerator in between batches as well.
Recipe yields approximately 4 dozen cookies.