Creamy White Bean Soup
This creamy white bean soup combines cannellini beans, scallions and fresh herbs to create an earthy flavor that will warm up even the coldest of days.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt and more to taste if desired
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and more to taste if desired
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of low sodium gluten-free chicken broth (for vegan / vegetarian option, use gluten-free vegetable broth)
- ½ cup coconut milk (you can use half-and-half if not dairy-free or vegan)
Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
Add scallions, garlic and beans. Stir to combine.
Add rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper and stir.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth or vegetable broth and bring soup to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, puree mixture, being careful not to splash hot liquid (Make sure there are no whole or chunks of beans left).
Stir in coconut milk or half-and-half and return to a simmer, cooking for 5 more minutes.
Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy.