Creamy Vegan Dill Potato Salad
This creamy vegan dill potato salad is loaded with flavor and is the perfect side for all your favorite picnic and BBQ foods. It's also easily made oil-free using our tofu-based vegan mayo.
- 1 1/2 lb baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (store-bought or homemade; for the oil-free option use our tofu mayo- I used the thick and creamy version for the photos but the regular version works too)
- 2 tbsp non-pareil capers, drained
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp chopped scallions, depending on preference
- 2 tsp dried dill weed (substitute 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill if desired)
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
Scrub the skins of the potatoes and cut into small pieces of similar size. Add the chopped potatoes to a pot. Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Once the potatoes are boiling, lower the heat to medium-high and boil until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow them to cool at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. You can enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Store leftover potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Accuracy is not guaranteed. Information shown should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nutrition was calculated using this homemade oil-free vegan mayo. Using a different mayo will affect the calculation.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fiber: 3g