Oat Flour Muffins [Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Nut-Free & with Vegan Option]
These Oat Flour Muffins are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and have a vegan option too! Great for breakfast on-the-go or an afternoon snack!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS
- 2 eggs (for the vegan option, use 2 flax eggs - 2 tbsp ground flaxseed whisked with 6 tbsp of water and set aside for 10-15 minutes)
- 6 tbsp melted butter (for the vegan option, use vegan butter)
- ½ cup 2% milk (for the vegan option, use plant-based milk - I used oat milk)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey (for the vegan option, use pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup whole grain, gluten-free oat flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 tsp gluten-free oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tbsp melted butter (for the vegan option, use vegan butter)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups. I recommend using parchment ones.
Whisk together eggs (or flax eggs), melted butter, milk of choice, coconut sugar, applesauce, honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix gluten-free oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
Fill baking cups with batter until used up.
Top each muffin with gluten-free oats.
Using a pastry brush, coat the top of each muffin with melted butter.
Bake for 22-24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For the vegan version, the muffins will remain nut-free using a plant-based milk that is not derived from nuts as well as a vegan butter that is not derived from nuts.
The nutrition information reflects the non-vegan option. Nutritional values will differ for the vegan option.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Accuracy is not guaranteed. Information shown should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.1mg