These Oat Flour Muffins are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and have a vegan option too! These gluten-free muffins are perfect for breakfast on-the-go or an afternoon snack!Jump to Recipe
Lately, I've been experimenting with different varieties of muffins but today's featured flavor is this basic oat muffin.
It's gluten-free as is and is also easy to make vegan with just a few swaps.
This muffin is made with nutritious ingredients like whole grain oats and applesauce and is perfect for breakfast on the go.
How to Make Oat Flour Muffins
First, preheat your oven to 350° F and line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups.
Whisk together eggs (use flax eggs for vegan option), melted butter (use vegan butter for vegan option), milk (use plant-based milk for vegan option), coconut sugar, unsweetened applesauce, honey (use maple syrup for vegan option) and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
Fill baking cups with batter until used up.
Top with gluten-free oats.
Using a pastry brush, coat the top of each muffin with melted butter.
Use vegan butter for the vegan option.
Bake for 22-24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Oatmeal Coconut Pecan Cookies
- Buckwheat Banana Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Oat Flour Muffins [Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Nut-Free & with Vegan Option]
FOR THE MUFFINS
- 2 eggs (for the vegan option, use 2 flax eggs - 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed whisked with 6 tablespoon of water and set aside for 10-15 minutes)
- 6 tablespoon melted butter (for the vegan option, use vegan butter)
- ½ cup 2% milk (for the vegan option, use a plant-based milk - I used Oatly brand oat milk)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey (for the vegan option, use pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup whole grain, gluten-free oat flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (for the vegan option, use vegan butter)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups. I recommend using parchment ones.
- Whisk together eggs (or flax eggs), melted butter, milk of choice, coconut sugar, applesauce, honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix gluten-free oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Fill baking cups with batter until used up.
- Top each muffin with gluten-free oats.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the top of each muffin with melted butter.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.