Made with coconut sugar and honey, these gluten-free Oat Flour Muffins are perfect for breakfast on-the-go or an afternoon snack.
♪ What have you been baking lately?
Ooh ooh ooh yeah ♫
Ever since my daughters’ “Legends and Icons” dance recital last weekend, I just can’t get Janet out of my head…and Michael…and Gloria…and…PRINCE!
When they showed me these costumes, I said, “Oh, you’re dancing to Prince!”
And my daughters asked, “How did you know?”
“Oh, just a hunch!” 😉
Anyway, to answer my own question. I’ve been baking muffins, lots and lots of muffins. Blueberry. Chocolate Chip. Apple Cinnamon. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip. I’m a muffin-making machine! I can’t wait to share all of them on my soon-to-be-launched blog, Sweet Enough…coming soon to a computer (or mobile device) near you! 🙂
But in the meantime, I decided to share my basic Oat Flour Muffin recipe as a sneak peak for the kinds of recipes to be featured on the upcoming refined sugar-free blog. So, without further ado, I present Oat Flour Muffins!
Learn how to make them
First, preheat your oven to 350° F and line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups. Whisk together eggs, melted butter, milk, coconut sugar, applesauce, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix gluten-free oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fill baking cups with batter until used up. Top with gluten-free oats. Using a pastry brush, coat the top of each muffin with melted butter. Bake for 22-24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Now, shove them in your face!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cup whole grain gluten-free oat flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups.
- Whisk together eggs, ½ cup melted butter, milk, coconut sugar, applesauce, honey and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix gluten-free oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Fill baking cups with batter until used up.
- Top each muffin with gluten-free oats.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the top of each muffin with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.