Creamy Mushroom Dip
This Creamy Mushroom Dip combines two kinds of mushrooms and a blend of Italian grated cheeses to create a warm appetizer your guests will love.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 -10
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
In a large mixing bowl, combine mushroom mixture with cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, parsley, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
Spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and then add in dip. Ensure it has been evenly distributed in the casserole. Top with remaining grated cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until top is lightly browned.
To make a lightened up version of this recipe, replace regular cream cheese with reduced-fat cream cheese and regular mayonnaise with light mayonnaise.