This Creamy Mushroom Dip combines two kinds of mushrooms and a blend of Italian grated cheeses to create a warm appetizer your guests will love.Jump to Recipe
I'm so excited to share this Creamy Mushroom Dip! Why? Um, because MUSHROOMS. Oh, and CHEESE...
♪ These are just two of my favorite things. ♪
Yes, I know the holidays are over, BUT it's technically NOT a Christmas song, so...
Anyway, holidays or not, this dip is a real crowd-pleaser.
It's a perfect party appetizer for any get-together and can be enjoyed with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, crostini or any dipping device you desire.
I started making this Creamy Mushroom Dip shortly after Greg and I got married.
It was always one of our favorites, and now we have a new member of our mushroom dip fan club...our 8-year old daughter, Londyn.
Never having tasted a mushroom before, she smelled the magical aroma of creamy deliciousness emanating from the oven and she just HAD to try some.
I mean, who could resist? 😉
In any event, I wish one of us took a picture when she took her first bite.
She didn't have to say a thing; her big, bulging eyes told me everything.
She was hooked!
And if you're a mushroom lover, you will be too, so let's get on with the recipe...
How to Make This Mushroom Dip
First, preheat your oven to 375° F.
Then, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes until tender.
Next, combine the mushroom mixture with cream cheese, mayonnaise, Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl.
You can lighten up the recipe by using reduced-fat cream cheese and light mayonnaise in place of their full-fat counterparts.
Spoon the dip into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining grated cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Creamy Mushroom Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese* plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese* plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushroom mixture with cream cheese, mayonnaise, ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, parsley, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and then add in dip. Ensure it has been evenly distributed in the casserole. Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until top is lightly browned.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.