This Creamy Mushroom Dip combines two kinds of mushrooms and a blend of Italian grated cheeses to create a warm appetizer your guests will love.Jump to Recipe
I'm so excited to share this Creamy Mushroom Dip! Why? Um, because MUSHROOMS. Oh, and CHEESE...
♪ These are just two of my favorite things. ♪
Yes, I know the holidays are over, BUT it's technically NOT a Christmas song, so...
Anyway, holidays or not, this dip is a real crowd-pleaser.
It's a perfect party appetizer for any get-together and can be enjoyed with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, crostini or any dipping device you desire.
I started making this Creamy Mushroom Dip shortly after my husband and I got married.
It was always one of our favorites, and if you're a mushroom lover, you'll be hooked too!
So let's get on with the recipe...
How to Make This Mushroom Dip
First, preheat your oven to 375° F.
Then, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes until tender.
Next, combine the mushroom mixture with cream cheese, mayonnaise, Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl.
You can lighten up the recipe by using reduced-fat cream cheese and light mayonnaise in place of their full-fat counterparts.
Spoon the dip into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining grated cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Creamy Mushroom Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese* plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese* plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushroom mixture with cream cheese, mayonnaise, ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, parsley, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and then add in dip. Ensure it has been evenly distributed in the casserole. Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until top is lightly browned.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.
David @ Spiced
What a fun appetizer idea, Sherri! I know the holidays might be over, but I could totally see this one coming out for a Super Bowl party. I've never had a mushroom dip, but the flavors here sound like they're spot on. I'm totally keeping this one in mind for the next time we're hanging out with friends! Happy New Year, my friend!
Thanks so much, David! Hope you get a chance to try it; it's one of our favorites in the Hall house! Happy New Year! 🙂
Mushrooms and cheese are two of my favourite ingredients too! This looks so yummy!
Yes, they are so good together! 🙂 Thanks Saima!
This looks fabulous! I love mushrooms but for some reason I never seem to use them! This Dip would be the perfect excuse to indulge.
Thanks for sharing
Go for it! Thanks Julie!
I love serving baked dips. No one ever makes them! This is going into the "to try" file.
Baked dips are just so comforting. Hope you enjoy! Thanks Ellen! 🙂