I am absolutely in love with avocado hummus! I have been experimenting with different versions of avocado hummus and this happens to be one of my favorites…so far.
Because this particular recipe combines both Mexican and Italian flavors, I’ve created a special term for it – MexItali hummus. The blend of cannellini beans and avocado gives this hummus a smooth and creamy texture with a hint of spice from the hot sauce and red pepper flakes. On its own, this hummus is also vegan and gluten-free!
This Cannellini Bean and Avocado Hummus was inspired by this Food Network recipe by Giada De Laurentiis.
Watch how easy it is to make this Cannellini Bean and Avocado Hummus by checking out the recipe video below:
- 1 (15 oz.) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves or 1 large clove
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons of course Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper hot sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- Add cannellini beans, avocado, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and hot sauce to the bowl of a food processor.
- Begin processing on low speed.
- While processing, slowly add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Process on high speed until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides and continue processing
- Once the avocado hummus has a smooth consistency, transfer to serving bowl and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with pita chips, pretzels, tortilla chips or fresh vegetables. Enjoy!