This eggless cake is soft, fluffy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! It has a perfect texture and flavor, despite being made without eggs. This quick and easy one-bowl recipe takes only 40 minutes in total. Great for birthdays, graduations, holidays, family parties, and special occasions!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This eggless cake recipe is a game-changer for those who seek an alternative to traditional cakes made with eggs.
- It is quick and easy to make.
- Only 40 minutes in total.
- Only one mixing bowl is needed.
- Whether you follow a vegan lifestyle, have egg allergies, or simply want to explore new flavors, this recipe opens up a world of possibilities!
- Great for those with food allergies or for when you run out of eggs.
- By using simple pantry staples and a few clever substitutes, you can create a cake that is just as moist, fluffy, and flavorful as a traditional cake.
- This recipe can be made gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- Check out this Vegan Chocolate Cake for another delicious dessert!
What is Eggless Cake?
An eggless cake is a baked treat that omits eggs from its list of ingredients.
While eggs typically serve as a binding and leavening agent in baking, various substitutes can replicate these properties.
Eggless cakes come in a myriad of flavors, from classic vanilla and chocolate to fruit-infused and tropical creations.
This recipe does not contain any egg substitutes. There are no vegan eggs, chia eggs, or flax eggs needed.
Ingredients You'll Need
Get all the details on these simple ingredients in the recipe card at the post's bottom.
Use all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour. Both work equally as well! Do not use almond flour, coconut flour, or a Keto flour.
Granulated sugar adds sweetness. Do not substitute.
Vegetable oil adds moisture. Feel free to use olive oil or avocado oil. Melted coconut oil is another great option.
Dairy-free milk helps thin out the batter. If you are not dairy-free or vegan, regular milk works too.
Baking powder helps leaven this cake.
Vanilla extract adds a warm and cozy vanilla flavor.
A pinch of salt helps balance the sweetness.
Lastly, use any type of frosting. I love vegan vanilla frosting for this egg free cake!
Taste & Texture
Eggless cakes can be just as delightful as their egg-filled counterparts.
With the right combination of ingredients, you can achieve a moist, tender crumb and a rich, flavorful taste.
From light and spongy to dense and fudgy, the texture of an eggless cake can vary depending on the recipe. This cake is slightly dense and very moist.
The flavor is very similar to traditional vanilla cake. The flavor will largely depend on the frosting flavor.
How to Make
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan or line with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
Add in the oil, milk, and vanilla. Mix until the batter is smooth and well incorporated. Do not overmix.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan, spreading it evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Once baked, remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cake to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Once the cake has completely cooled, frost or decorate as desired.
Finally, slice and serve the eggless cake!
Line the round cake pan with parchment paper or spray heavily with nonstick spray.
Do not overmix the batter to prevent a dense texture. Mix until the ingredients are just combined.
Preheat the oven and use the correct baking temperature as specified in the recipe for optimal results.
Incorporate flavorful additions like spices, extracts, or zests to enhance the taste of your eggless cake.
Do not bake too long. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, remove the oven.
Wait until the cake is fully cooled before adding the frosting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make cake without eggs. This recipe uses no eggs.
Eggless cakes are made of traditional cake ingredients. This recipe uses milk and oil to add the moisture.
Sure! Use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour to make gluten-free egg-free cake.
Sure! To make eggless cupcakes, line a muffin tray with paper liners. Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Yes, you can freeze this cake.
Use the toothpick test! If a toothpick inserted comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven.
How to Make it Allergy-Free
When making an eggless cake, it is essential to consider potential allergens and adjust the recipe accordingly.
Replace ingredients like milk, butter, and flour with allergen-free alternatives such as plant-based milk (like almond, soy, or oat milk), vegan butter or oil, and gluten-free flour blends.
Always read labels and choose ingredients that fit your specific dietary needs.
Once your eggless cake is baked and cooled, serve!
Serve it as a standalone treat or dress it up with various toppings such as powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
To store the cake, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to three days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator.
Eggless cakes freeze remarkably well. Allow the cake to cool completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When you are ready to indulge, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. To retain its freshness, frost the cake after thawing.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
This eggless cake is a blank canvas! Here are some ways to switch up the flavors.
Use chocolate frosting instead of vanilla.
Top with fresh fruit.
Add in mini chocolate chips to the cake batter.
Add in chopped nuts to the cake batter.
Top with sprinkles.
9 Inch Cake Pans: These 9 inch cake pans are perfect for this eggless cake recipe.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: I love this stand mixer for everyday baking.
Hand Mixer: This hand mixer is convenient and easy to use.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These are my favorite mixing bowls for baked goods!
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: Use these glass measuring cups.
You Will Also Love
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add in the oil, milk, and vanilla. Mix until the batter is smooth and well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cake to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, frost or decorate as desired.
- Finally, slice and serve the eggless cake!
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
- Both all-purpose flour and gluten-free 1 to 1 flour work well. I love King Arthur Flour and Bob's Red Mill.
- Do not overmix the cake batter. It should be smooth and creamy.
- Do not overbake the cake. Once a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, remove it from the oven.
- Allow the cake to fully cool before frosting.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze individual slices for up to 1 month.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.