This flavorful lemon herb oil-free salad dressing is perfectly tangy with a hint of sweetness. It's the perfect complement for your favorite greens or mixed into a pasta salad. This dressing is also vegan and low in both fat and calories.Jump to Recipe
Why you'll love this no oil salad dressing
- Easy to make in minutes
- Low in fat and calories
- Great with your favorite greens
- Easy to double the recipe to use in pasta salads
Ingredients for this lemon herb vinaigrette
- Aquafaba (this canned chickpea liquid works well to replace the oil)
- Lemon Juice
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Maple Syrup
- Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Chives
- Dried Tarragon (you can use fresh instead if preferred as noted in the recipe card below)
- Lemon Zest
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
How to make this lemon herb dressing
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until everything is well combined.
- Tarragon - If you don't prefer tarragon or are having trouble finding it, you can substitute the same amount of basil instead.
- Red Wine Vinegar - You can use white wine vinegar instead if you prefer.
- Maple Syrup - You can use agave nectar instead if you'd like.
Store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Stir before serving .
Frequently asked questions
In this recipe, aquafaba is being used to replace the oil.
This dressing is thickened with a combination of aquafaba, Dijon mustard and nutritional yeast.
As written, this recipe makes approximately 6.5 ounces and can be doubled to yield more servings if needed.
More oil-free vegan salad dressings
Oil-Free Salad Dressing (Lemon-Herb)
- ¼ cup aquafaba
- 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon (*see notes below for using fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.