This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also participate in additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
This chocolate nice cream is super easy to make in your food processor - no ice cream maker required! Requiring just 3 all natural ingredients and no added sugar, this vegan "ice cream" is a healthier alternative to the traditional.
This frozen treat is nice.
Nice cream to be exact.
I know, I know. Totally corny.
But I like to think of it as having fun while I work.
Because I always say, "if you're not having fun, you should be." 😉
What is nice cream?
If you've never heard of nice cream before, you might be wondering what it is exactly or just thinking I mistakenly added an "n" in front of "ice."
All kidding aside, nice cream is a vegan alternative to traditional ice cream that is made from frozen bananas.
The bananas not only provide the base for the "ice cream," but they also act as a natural sweetener.
A refreshing, tasty treat that hits the spot with no added sugar...I'll take it!
Well actually, I'll make it...
And now so will you. 🙂
How to make this 3-ingredient frozen treat - step by step
Add frozen bananas and plant-based milk to your food processor.
Holding tightly onto the lid of the food processor, pulse a few times to start breaking up the bananas.
Once they are broken up into small chunks, add cacao powder (or cocoa powder if you prefer) to the food processor and pulse a few more times to incorporate it.
Then, process on high until the nice cream is smooth and no banana chunks remain.
Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan for easy scooping.
Freeze for 1-2 hours.
Then, eat up!
Nice Cream Making Tips
- Bananas: It's best to use very ripe or overripe bananas as they are sweeter than those that are still slightly green or just ripe ones. You can freeze them overnight or 2-3 hours before you're going to make the nice cream. Personally, I like to have them on hand, so that I can make nice cream if the mood arises. So, I freeze them in batches using reusable food storage bags (4 to a bag, cut up into coins).
- Milk: I used almond milk this time but have also used coconut milk and oat milk. You can use any plant-based milk as long as it's plain and unsweetened. To keep this recipe soy-free, avoid using soy milk. To keep this recipe nut-free, use a plant-based milk that is free from nuts. To keep this recipe paleo-friendly, avoid using soy milk, oat milk, rice milk and other non-paleo milks.
- Storage: If you're not going to eat the nice cream in an hour and prefer to save it for later or the next day, store it in a freezer-safe airtight container instead. Leave out at room temperature for a few minutes to soften up before enjoying.
Ideas for Serving
Serve alone or on a cone!
Totally trademarking that slogan lol. 😉
Anyway, I'll be serious now...
You might also enjoy:
- Banana Almond Butter Cacao Smoothie
- Strawberry-Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Apple Banana Smoothie with Peanut Powder
- 3-Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Overnight Chia Pudding
3-Ingredient Chocolate Nice Cream
- 4 bananas, previously cut into coins and frozen
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened plant-based milk
- ¼ cup cacao powder (substitute cocoa powder if preferred)
- Add frozen bananas and plant-based milk to the bowl of the food processor. Secure the lid. Holding tightly onto the lid of the food processor, pulse a few times to start breaking up the bananas.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or rectangular glass container for easy scooping and freeze for 1-2 hours.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.