This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
This Vegan BLT Sandwich recipe features tasty tempeh bacon, crispy lettuce, juicy tomato and creamy vegan mayo. An easy gluten-free and vegan lunch or dinner made with just 5 ingredients!
I am literally in LOVE with this BLT!
Well, I guess you can call it a TLT or a TBLT if you’d like since it’s made with tempeh bacon.
But whatever you call it, it is one awesome sandwich for sure!
After I made my air fryer tempeh bacon, I decided to re-purpose the leftovers into a sandwich and that’s how this vegan BLT was born!
It’s so easy to make in just minutes with only 5 ingredients.
Tempeh BLT Ingredients
- 2 slices of your favorite gluten-free, vegan bread
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise (I used our homemade oil-free vegan mayo, but you can use your favorite)
- 2 slices of tomato (I recommend “on the vine” or beefsteak)
- 1-2 lettuce leaves (I recommend Bibb or romaine)
- 4 slices of tempeh bacon (Our homemade version is gluten-free, but typically store-bought brands are not)
How to Make a Vegan BLT Sandwich
First, toast the bread to your liking using a toaster or toaster oven.
Next, spread mayo on one side of one of the pieces of toast. If you want, you can repeat this with the other piece of toast.
I only used mayo on one piece.
Then, place the lettuce on top of the mayo followed by the tomato slices and tempeh bacon.
Top it all off with the other piece of toast and take a BIG bite! ?
What to Serve with This Vegan Sandwich
You can also make it soup and sandwich night and serve alongside your favorite soup, such as this creamy vegan tomato soup from Brand New Vegan.
- If you want to make more sandwiches, simply double, triple or even quadruple the recipe to suit your needs. The tempeh bacon recipe makes approximately 20 slices, so if you are making it just for BLTs, you will be able to make up to 5 sandwiches.
- Want to jazz up this vegan sandwich even more? Add some sliced avocado or mash some up and mix it into the mayo spread.
Looking for another vegan sandwich? Try our chickpea salad with olives and walnuts next.
Vegan BLT Sandwich
- First, toast the bread to your liking using a toaster or toaster oven.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayo on one side of one of the pieces of toast. You can repeat this with the other piece of toast, if desired.
- Place the lettuce on top of the mayo followed by the tomato slices and tempeh bacon. Place the other piece of toast on top, mayo side down if you used mayo on it.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.