If you're a fan of crispy hash brown patties, then you'll love these air fryer hash browns! Ready in about 10 minutes, they pair perfectly with your favorite breakfast mains. They're also naturally gluten-free and vegan.Jump to Recipe
One order of hash browns comin' up!
Sorry, just had to
say holler that in my diner waitress voice. 😉
Anyway, if you're a fan of hash browns, then you have got to try making them in the air fryer.
I've got three words for you...
Crispy. Potato Perfection!
Speaking of potatoes, if you're a fan (and how could you not be), you've got to check out these air fryer home fries, air fryer tater tots, air fryer frozen sweet potato fries and air fryer mashed potato balls next.
Ingredients you'll need
All you need are some frozen hash brown patties (I used Trader Joe's brand) and some avocado or olive oil spray (be sure to use a non-aerosol, propellant-free kind to avoid damaging your air fryer's non-stick finish).
You can also use a spritzer bottle and fill it with your own oil if you prefer.
How to make frozen hash browns in an air fryer
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
Place the hash brown patties in a single layer in the air fryer so that they are not overlapping.
I was able to fit 3 of the Trader Joe's patties comfortably in my air fryer basket.
Depending on the size of your hash brown patties and the size of your air fryer, you may fit more or less.
Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes.
Carefully flip the patties and continue to air fry at 400° F for 5-7 more minutes until golden brown.
Serve as desired.
- The hash brown patties should be cooked from frozen and not thawed.
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the frozen pizza rolls; however if you do, note that you may need to reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
I used a 5.5 quart Ninja air fryer, but you can use any air fryer make and model.
Storing and reheating
Wrap leftover hash brown patties and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can reheat them in the air fryer at 350° for a few minutes until warmed throughout.
Ideas for serving
- Serve with a side of ketchup, hot sauce or your favorite dip.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
- Try alongside some tofu scramble and/or some tempeh bacon.
Air Fryer Hash Browns
- 2-4 frozen hash brown patties (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- non-aerosol, propellant-free avocado oil spray (sub non-aerosol, propellant-free olive oil spray if preferred)
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in the air fryer so that they are not overlapping.
- Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes. Carefully flip the patties and continue to air fry at 400° F for 5-7 more minutes until golden brown.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
This post originally appeared on Watch Learn Eat on April 5, 2020. It has been republished to reflect recipe, photo and content revisions.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.