- Air fryer hash brown patties for the win
- Ingredients you'll need for crispy air fryer hash browns
- How to make air fryer frozen hash browns
- Tips for making frozen hash brown patties in an air fryer
- Storing and reheating
- Ideas for serving
- More breakfast recipes
- More air fryer frozen foods
- Air Fryer Hash Browns (Patties)
Air fryer hash brown patties for the win
One order of crispy hash browns comin' up!
Sorry, just had to
say holler that in my diner waitress voice. 😉
Anyway, if you're a fan of hash browns, then you have got to try making them in the air fryer.
I've got three words for you...
Crispy. Potato. Perfection!
Speaking of potatoes, if you're a fan (and how could you not be), you've got to check out these air fryer breakfast potatoes, air fryer tater tots, air fryer frozen sweet potato fries and air fryer mashed potato balls next.
Of course, hash brown patties are one of my favorite breakfast items to make in the air fryer, and I think you will love them too.
And the best part is they take less than 10 minutes to cook and pair perfectly with all your favorite breakfast foods.
Air frying is by far the best way to make them!
Ingredients you'll need for crispy air fryer hash browns
All you need are some frozen hash brown patties (I used Trader Joe's brand, but you can use Ore-Ida or any brand you'd like) and some avocado or olive oil spray (be sure to use a non-aerosol, propellant-free kind to avoid damaging your air fryer's non-stick finish).
You can also use a spritzer bottle and fill it with your own oil if you prefer.
How to make air fryer frozen hash browns
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil cooking spray.
Place the frozen patties in a single layer in the air fryer so that they are not overlapping.
I was able to fit 3 of the Trader Joe's patties comfortably in my air fryer basket.
Depending on the size of your hash brown patties and the size of your air fryer, you may fit more or less.
Air fry hash browns at 400° F for 5 minutes.
Carefully flip the individual patties and continue to air fry at 400° F for 5-7 more minutes until golden brown.
Serve as desired.
Tips for making frozen hash brown patties in an air fryer
- The hash brown patties should be cooked from frozen and not thawed.
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the patties; however if you do, note that the cook time may need to be reduced by 1-2 minutes.
My air fryer model is a 5.5 quart Ninja, but you can use a different air fryer.
Storing and reheating
Wrap leftover hash brown patties and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can reheat them in the air fryer at 350° for a few minutes until warmed throughout.
Ideas for serving
- Serve these crispy patties with a side of ketchup, hot sauce or your favorite dip.
- Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper on top.
- Try this easy side dish alongside some tofu scramble, vegan air fryer bacon, and/or some plant-based breakfast sausage.
- For a quick breakfast, serve topped with a fried egg that you can make in a couple of minutes while waiting for the patties to be done.
- The hash brown patties also make a great side for weeknight dinners.
More breakfast recipes
- Avocado Tomato Toast
- Avocado Toast with Fried Egg + 3 More Ways
- Banana Blender Pancakes
- Buckwheat Flour Pancakes
More air fryer frozen foods
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Pierogies
- Air Fryer Potstickers
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
Air Fryer Hash Browns (Patties)
- 2-4 frozen hash brown patties (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- non-aerosol, propellant-free avocado oil spray (sub non-aerosol, propellant-free olive oil spray if preferred)
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in the air fryer so that they are not overlapping.
- Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes. Carefully flip the patties and continue to air fry at 400° F for 5-7 more minutes until golden brown.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
This post originally appeared on Watch Learn Eat on December 21, 2019. It has been republished to reflect recipe, photo and content revisions.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.
Leave a Reply