Cooking with tofu doesn't just mean eating boring blocks of tofu anymore. Nope, not with these vegan tofu recipes!
We have 50 delicious tofu recipes that span between breakfast, lunch, snacks, appetizers, and dinner recipes!
Enjoy scrolling through this list of vegan tofu recipes and find some new family favorite tofu recipes to give a whirl.
Types of tofu
Tofu comes in different levels of firmness including silken, firm, extra firm, and super firm.
The firmness is related to the amount of water that has been pressed out of the tofu.
Silken tofu has the most water and is the softest type of tofu.
This type is great for blending into salad dressings, dips, sauces, smoothies, and more. It also works as a vegan egg replacement in baking.
If you’re looking for recipes using the silken variety, check out this roundup of the best silken tofu recipes.
For this collection, we’re going to be focusing on recipes using firm, extra firm, and super firm tofu.
Oftentimes, these varieties (with the exception of super firm) require pressing to remove as much moisture before using.
Why cook with tofu?
There are many wonderful reasons to cook with tofu and here are some of them:
- Tofu is a relatively inexpensive ingredient
- It's a great source of protein with 8g of protein in 100g of tofu
- Tofu contains 9 essential amino acids that your body needs
- It's a versatile ingredient that can be used in every kind of recipe...breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
- Has some anti-inflammatory properties
- Doesn't contain the cholesterol or saturated fat that you'd find in animal protein sources
Best vegan tofu recipes
More vegan recipe roundups
©Watch Learn Eat. All content on this page is copyright protected and is not to be used or republished without prior permission. Images shown in this post are used with permission from the owner(s).