This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
From muffins to cookies and more, this collection features over 20 oat flour recipes that are also gluten-free and vegan!
What is oat flour?
Just as it sounds, oat flour is simply a flour made from oats. When using certified gluten-free oats, the oat flour made from them is also gluten-free. Although oat flour is similar to all-purpose wheat flour, it cannot be substituted 1:1 in most cases. However, it does have a similar consistency and acts as an amazing alternative for baking.
Oat flour can be used by itself or as part of a combination of other gluten-free flours, such as almond or coconut. One perk is that because it's made from oats, oat flour has the same nutritional make up and heart-healthy goodness. Oats contain a good deal of soluble fiber and protein when compared to other grains. Plus, oat flour is made of whole grains rather than refined grains, which have had their bran and germ removed.
Where to Buy Oat Flour
Oat flour is available at most grocery chains and supermarkets and can be found as well at some specialty grocers or health food stores. You can also buy it online from sites such as Thrive Market or Amazon. My personal favorite brand to use is the Bob's Red Mill certified gluten-free oat flour. If you do not need to buy certified gluten-free oat flour, Bob's also makes a whole-grain oat flour that does not bear the certification as it is manufactured in a facility that uses wheat.
How to Make Oat Flour
If you'd like to, you can make your own oat flour at home using whole-grain, old-fashioned rolled oats. Be sure they are certified gluten-free if needed. You will need a food processor or high-speed blender to grind your oats into flour.
PHOTO CREDIT: A Clean Bake
Oat Flour Recipes
Once you've purchased your oat flour or made your own, you're ready to make these 22 gluten-free and vegan recipes using oat flour!
1. Oat Flour Pancakes by Rhian's Recipes
PHOTO CREDIT: Rhian's Recipes
2. Healthy Banana Muffins by Know Your Produce
PHOTO CREDIT: Know Your Produce
3. Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread by Bakerita
PHOTO CREDIT: Bakerita
4. Loaded Breakfast Muffins by My Quiet Kitchen
PHOTO CREDIT: My Quiet Kitchen
5. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins by Yummy Mummy Kitchen
6. Gluten-Free Oat Crackers by BAKED
PHOTO CREDIT: BAKED
7. Oat Flour Cookies by Watch Learn Eat
8. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Bars by It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken
PHOTO CREDIT: It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken
9. Vegan Thumbprint Cookies with Raspberry Chia Jam by Choosing Chia
PHOTO CREDIT: Choosing Chia
10. Gluten-Free Lemon Cake with Blueberries by A Virtual Vegan
PHOTO CREDIT: A Virtual Vegan
11. Vegan Gluten-Free Maple Almond Cookies by The Simple Green
PHOTO CREDIT: The Simple Green
12. Healthy Blackberry Cobbler by From My Bowl
PHOTO CREDIT: From My Bowl
13. Peanut Butter Energy Balls by Watch Learn Eat
14. Vegan Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Build Your Bite
PHOTO CREDIT: Build Your Bite
15. Chocolate Vegan Donut Recipe with Strawberry Glaze by Veggie Inspired
PHOTO CREDIT: Veggie Inspired
16. Raspberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars by Heartbeet Kitchen
PHOTO CREDIT: Heartbeet Kitchen
17. Vegan Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies by Delightful Adventures
PHOTO CREDIT: Delightful Adventures
18. Vegan Lemon Bars by Gourmandelle
PHOTO CREDIT: Gourmandelle
19. Chocolate Zucchini Bread by This Healthy Kitchen
PHOTO CREDIT: This Healthy Kitchen
20. Chewy Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by Strength and Sunshine
PHOTO CREDIT: Strength & Sunshine
21. Vegan Brownie Bites by Watch Learn Eat
22. Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies by Bree's Vegan Life
PHOTO CREDIT: Bree's Vegan Life
©Watch Learn Eat. All content on this page is copyright protected and is not to be used or republished without prior permission. Images shown in this post are used with permission from the owner(s).