This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These no-bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls double as both a sweet treat and an energy-boosting snack. And, they’re gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free and oil-free too! Enjoy them with or without shredded coconut.
If there’s one thing I love almost as much as chickpeas, it’s peanut butter…hands down!
Whether it’s peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and chocolate or even a Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie, peanut butter always hits the spot. There’s just something about it’s creamy peanutty-ness that can make any bad day better.
But, did you know that there’s more to peanut butter than it’s magical flavor?
Health Benefits of Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a powerhouse when it comes to its nutritional benefits. One serving (2 tablespoons) provides a fair share of protein, fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, niacin and vitamin B6.
It’s also known to slowly release energy, which keeps you going longer while helping to control your hunger at the same time.
Of course, eating too much peanut butter is not recommended due to its high amount of fat (albeit the healthy kind) and calories. So basically, you shouldn’t eat the entire batch of these Peanut Butter Energy Balls. Oh, man!
Other Ingredients in these vegan energy balls
In addition to the peanut butter, these energy balls are also made with heart-healthy whole-grain oats in the form of oat flour. Not only are oats loaded with fiber and protein, they also contain manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1 and vitamin B5. Oats are also rich in antioxidants and can help lower blood sugar levels.
Speaking of sugar, these energy balls are sweetened with pure maple syrup, making them refined sugar-free. Although still a source of added sugar, pure maple syrup does contain some vitamins and minerals, including manganese, riboflavin, zinc and potassium as well as antioxidants.
For some crunch, these Peanut Butter Energy Balls also feature chopped peanuts and vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips. To enhance their flavor, I’ve also added vanilla extract and kosher salt. Lastly, I’ve included an option for rolling the balls in shredded coconut for even more flavor as well as an extra burst of healthy fat.
Not only are they made with wholesome ingredients, but they also taste like balls of heavenly bliss!
But don’t take my word for it. Here’s what the taste-testers had to say:
“This is the best thing you’ve made to date. I’ll buy you all the ingredients so you can make them again…tomorrow!” – my boss
“Do you have more of those peanut butter balls? I had dreams about them last night.” – my coworker
“Don’t put these on the blog! Save them for when we open a cafe; we can make MILLIONS!” – my crazy husband 😉
How to make these no-bake energy balls
Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Then, add peanut butter, oat flour, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a mixing bowl.
Use a spoon to mix together.
Add chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips.
Stir to combine.
Refrigerate dough in the mixing bowl for 10 minutes. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
Form each scoop of dough into balls with your hands. If you are not using the coconut, place the tray of dough balls in the freezer for 10 minutes. If you are using the coconut, roll each ball into shredded coconut and return to the baking sheet.
Then, freeze for 10 minutes.
Be sure to watch our video below to see how easy it is to make them. 🙂
So, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂
If you like these Peanut Butter Energy Balls, you might also enjoy these other no-bake treats:
- Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bites
Peanut Butter Energy Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, No-Bake]
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, creamy peanut butter (I used 365 brand)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp gluten-free, whole-grain oat flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp mini vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add peanut butter, oat flour, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a mixing bowl, and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips and stir to combine. Place the dough in the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop (I used a #50 disher) to scoop out dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Form each scoop of dough into balls with your hands.
- If not using the optional coconut, skip to the next step. If using the optional coconut, roll each ball into shredded coconut and return to the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet of energy balls in the freezer for 10 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) when you purchase from Amazon through our link.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.