Making your favorite frozen pierogies in the air fryer is super easy! Ready in about 10 minutes with a perfectly crispy outside and soft, pillowy inside! Enjoy as is or with a side of sour cream.Jump to Recipe
A box of Mrs. T's pierogies cooked in a frying pan swimming with globs of butter was a common side dish many a night during my childhood.
Fast forward to the present time and I'd prefer not to fry my food in too much butter (or too much oil for that matter).
Luckily, it's no longer necessary to go crazy with the butter or oil to give your favorite frozen pierogies a crispy exterior while keeping a nice pillowy interior.
In fact, all it takes is just a few spritzes of olive or avocado oil and your handy dandy air fryer.
I'm not gonna lie to you, I think that air frying frozen foods has like totally become my new pastime.
And frozen pierogies are no exception!
Ingredients you'll need
Frozen pierogies and olive or avocado oil spray are all you need!
Of course, you can garnish the pierogies with some black pepper and/or fresh chives and serve with sour cream if you'd like.
If you would like to keep these vegan, be sure to use a brand that uses vegan-friendly ingredients, such as Golden's potato and onion variety.
You can also serve them with a dairy-free sour cream like Kite Hill.
How to make frozen pierogies in the air fryer
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
Be sure to use a non-aerosol, propellant-free oil spray to avoid damaging your air fryer's non-stick finish.
You can also use a spritzer bottle and fill it with your own oil if you prefer.
Place the pierogies in a single layer in the air fryer.
Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes.
Carefully flip the pierogies using tongs. Lightly spray the pierogies with the avocado or olive oil spray.
Continue to air fry for another 4-7 minutes.
Serve as desired.
- The pierogies should be cooked from frozen and not thawed.
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the frozen dumplings; however if you do, note that you may need to reduce the cooking time by 1-3 minutes.
- If you are making consecutive batches, you may need less cooking time since the air fryer will already be hot.
I used a 5.5 quart Ninja air fryer, but you can use any air fryer make and model.
Can I make fresh pierogies in the air fryer?
Yes! You can air fry fresh pierogies in a greased air fryer at 350° F for 8-10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Storing and reheating
Although they are best enjoyed right away, you can store leftover pierogies in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can reheat them in a preheated, greased air fryer at 350° F for a few minutes until warmed throughout, flipping once.
Air Fryer Frozen Pierogies
- 6-7 frozen pierogies
- non-aerosol, propellant free avocado or olive oil spray
- optional: sour cream for serving
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
- Place pierogies in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400° F for 5 minutes. Carefully flip the pierogies using tongs. Lightly spray the pierogies with the avocado or olive oil spray. Continue to air fry for another 4-7 minutes.
- Allow the pierogies to sit for about 2 minutes before eating as the filling will be hot.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.