This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
This creamy Buffalo hummus combines the tanginess and spiciness of Buffalo sauce with the coolness of vegan blue cheese dressing that is sure to delight your taste buds. This flavorful chickpea dip is perfect for dipping with carrots, celery, cucumbers, pretzels, tortilla chips and more!
Let’s take a second to channel our inner ’90s hip hop groove…
♫ Hey, blog readers, let’s kick it!
All right, stop. Pull up a chair and listen.
I am back with a brand new creation.
Humm-us has a hold on me tightly.
I think about it almost daily and nightly.
Will I ever stop? Well, I don’t know.
Turn it on high; watch it go…
If you want some hummus, then just make it.
Check out this hook while the processor revolves it.
Hum-mus baby! Buf-fa-lo hum-mus baby!
Hum-mus baby! Buf-fa-lo hum-mus baby!
Now that you are totally pumped and may or may not have this crazy jam stuck in your head all day, it is time to MAKE SOME HUMMUS!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Aquafaba (canned chickpea liquid)
- Vegan Buffalo Sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot brand)
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- Scallions or Chives (for garnish)
How to make vegan Buffalo hummus with blue cheese
First, you’ll need to make the vegan blue cheese dressing following the directions in this post if you’re going to use a homemade version. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
If you’re using store-bought vegan blue cheese dressing, you can skip this step.
Add the chickpeas, aquafaba, Buffalo sauce, garlic, lemon juice and salt to the bowl of your food processor.
Begin processing on low speed, slowly adding olive oil through the feed tube while processing.
Once you’ve used up the olive oil, process on high speed until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain.
You may have to stop to scrape down the sides and then continue processing.
Once the hummus has a smooth consistency, transfer to serving bowl.
Use a spoon to make a well in the middle of the hummus.
Fill the well with 1/4 cup of vegan blue cheese dressing.
Garnish with additional Buffalo sauce and scallions or chives.
What to serve with this hummus
Serve with fresh veggies such as celery, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini or broccoli or with your favorite gluten-free pretzels or tortilla chips.
Can I leave out the blue cheese?
Yes, you can omit the blue cheese dressing and make a Buffalo hummus instead of a Buffalo blue cheese hummus.
Storing the hummus
This hummus is best when enjoyed on the same day; however, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You might also enjoy:
- Buffalo Chickpea Meatballs
- Buffalo Chickpea Burgers
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Basic Hummus Without Tahini
- Avocado Hummus
♪ Now, I’m getting out of here! Word to the hummus!
Hum-mus baby, so good, so good. Hum-mus baby, so good, so good…
Buffalo Blue Cheese Hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added chickpeas / garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed, 2 tbsp of the liquid (aquafaba) reserved
- 2 tbsp aquafaba
- 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce, plus more for garnish if desired (I used Frank's RedHot)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan blue cheese dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
- If you are making homemade vegan blue cheese dressing, follow these directions. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Note that the flavor is best if you let the dressing chill for at least 2 hours. If you are using store-bought, skip to the next step.
- Add the chickpeas, aquafaba, Buffalo sauce, garlic, lemon juice and salt to the bowl of your food processor. Begin processing on low speed, slowly adding olive oil through the feed tube while processing. After the olive oil has been added, process on high speed until smooth and creamy and no chunks remain. You may have to stop to scrape down the sides and then continue processing until the hummus has a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Use a spoon to make a well in the middle of the hummus. Fill the well with the vegan blue cheese dressing. Garnish with additional Buffalo sauce and scallions or chives.
This post originally appeared on Watch Learn Eat on May 23, 2016. It has been republished to reflect both recipe and photo revisions. Changes to the story were also made.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.