This 4-ingredient smoky maple mustard dipping sauce is the perfect dip for sweet potato fries! It also pairs well with veggies, sandwiches, wraps and more. Easy to whip up in just 5 minutes and ready to enjoy right away!Jump to Recipe
Why you’ll love this maple mustard sauce
- It’s quick and easy to make! This recipe is ready in just 5 minutes with 4 simple ingredients...so you can whip it up on a whim if you need some dipping sauce in a pinch!
- The sweet, smoky and tangy flavor of this creamy sauce is the perfect dip for sweet potato fries and more.
- This sauce is dairy-free and gluten-free and can be made egg-free and vegan-friendly using vegan mayo.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Mayo or Vegan Mayo (makes it creamy)
- Dijon Mustard (gives it a little tang; you can swap for spicy brown mustard for more of a kick)
- Maple Syrup (provides a bit of sweetness)
- Smoked Paprika (adds a little smoky flavor)
How to make this dipping sauce for sweet potato fries
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine until all ingredients are well-incorporated and no lumps remain.
Ideas for using smoky maple mustard dipping sauce
This maple mustard dipping sauce is the absolute perfect dip for sweet potato fries, especially these air fryer frozen sweet potato fries.
I have to warn you though...once you start dipping those fries, you might not be able to stop. 😉
This versatile sauce also works as a spread for your favorite plant-based burgers, sandwiches and wraps.
We looooove it on our sweet potato black bean burgers.
Store the dipping sauce in an airtight container (I like to use a mason jar) in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More dipping sauces
- Vegan Honey Mustard
- Vegan Ranch Dip
- Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip
- Vegan Blue Cheese
- Vegan Cheese Sauce
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine until everything is well-incorporated and no lumps remain. Serve sprinkled with additional smoked paprika if desired.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.