This thick and creamy avocado lime ranch dressing and dip is easy to make using our homemade vegan ranch or a store-bought version for a shortcut. Perfect for adding to salads, wraps, grain bowls, veggie burgers or tacos. It's also great for dipping all your favorite veggies.Jump to Recipe
If you thought ranch dressing couldn't get any better, then you have got to try this avocado version.
Classic ranch flavors combined with avocado, lime and cilantro take typical ranch dressing to a whole new level.
And the best part is that it's incredibly easy to make in less than 10 minutes!
Ingredients you'll need
- Vegan Ranch Dressing - homemade or store-bought (for homemade you'll need vegan mayo, soy milk, apple cider vinegar, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill weed, white pepper and salt)
- 1 Avocado - pitted and peeled
- 1 lime - juiced
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
How to make vegan avocado ranch dressing
First, make the vegan ranch dressing following these instructions.
If you are using store-bought vegan ranch, you can skip this step.
Add dressing, avocado, freshly squeezed lime juice and cilantro leaves to the bowl of a food processor.
Blend on high speed until all ingredients are incorporated well (you will probably have to scrape the sides during the process) and dressing has a creamy consistency.
Transfer to an airtight container (I find a mason jar works best) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to infuse the flavors.
It's also great in wraps and for using as a dip for veggies, tortilla chips or crackers.
Store the dressing in the refrigerator in an airtight container or sealed mason jar.
Stir well before each use.
It will keep for about 3-5 days before the avocado starts to turn brown.
More vegan avocado recipes
- Avocado Hummus
- Avocado and White Bean Hummus
- Easy Guacamole
- Avocado Toast - 4 Ways
- Tomato Avocado Toast
- Avocado Pasta Salad
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing & Dip
- 1 batch vegan ranch dressing (for a shortcut version, use 1 cup store-bought vegan ranch; if not vegan, feel free to use traditional store-bought ranch instead)
- 1 avocado (pitted and peeled)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- First, make the vegan ranch dressing following these instructions (with the exception of refrigerating as this comes later). If you are using a store-bought ranch, you can skip this step.
- Add dressing, avocado, freshly squeezed lime juice and cilantro leaves to the bowl of a food processor. Blend on high speed until all ingredients are incorporated well (you will probably have to scrape the sides during the process) and dressing has a creamy consistency.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to infuse the flavors.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
This post originally appeared on Watch Learn Eat on March 2, 2015. It has been republished to reflect both recipe and photo revisions. Changes to the story were also made.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.