Making Alexia frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer is by far the best way to cook them! Once you try them, you’ll never want to make them in the oven again! They’re perfect served with your favorite dipping sauce and almost any main course.Jump to Recipe
Why you'll love these fries
- Alexia brand sweet potato fries are non-GMO and made with all natural ingredients!
- They are super easy to make with virtually no prep! Using frozen fries means no peeling or cutting potatoes!
- Using an air fryer means no hot oven heating up the house!
- Frozen sweet potato fries cook perfectly in the air fryer with just the right amount of crispiness.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for the perfect side dish to accompany almost any main course.
Ingredients you'll need
- 20 oz. Bag of Alexia Frozen Sweet Potato Fries (Straight Cut)
- Non-Aerosol, Propellant-Free Avocado (or Olive) Oil Spray
- Sea Salt to Taste
How to make Alexia frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer
First, if your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
For example, my Ninja air fryer comes with a crisper plate that fits right into the basket.
Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with non-aerosol, propellant-free avocado (or olive) oil spray.
Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400° F.
Add the fries to the air fryer.
Air fry at 400° F for 16-20 minutes, until desired crispiness is reached, shaking the basket and giving the fries a good toss every 4-5 minutes.
Season with sea salt to taste, if desired.
- Keep the fries frozen until ready to use; do not thaw them.
- I used a 5.5 qt. air fryer; however, if you have a smaller model, you will have to work in two batches, doing half of the bag of fries at a time. You do not want to crowd the fries and do not want your basket filled more than halfway. Note that this will decrease the cooking time to 8-10 minutes per batch.
- It's important to use a non-aerosol, propellant-free oil spray to avoid damaging your air fryer's non-stick finish. You can also use a spritzer bottle and fill it with your own oil.
Ideas for dipping sauces
- Vegan BBQ Sauce
- Vegan Chipotle Mayo (we love this one from Follow Your Heart)
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce (note: this is our absolute FAVORITE dip for these fries and a total must-try)
Frequently asked questions
In addition to sea salt, you can season sweet potato fries with some freshly ground black pepper or your favorite French fry seasoning blend. You can also combine some garlic powder and Italian seasoning or rosemary for a seasoning.
Not every recipe calls for the air fryer to be preheated. However, in this particular instance, I have found that it does help to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the frozen fries.
I prefer the Alexia brand which are non-GMO and all natural.
Nobody wants soggy leftover fries, so the best way to perk them up is to reheat them in the air fryer for approximately 2-3 minutes at 400° F until warmed throughout.
More air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries (Alexia)
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with non-aerosol, propellant-free avocado or olive oil spray.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400° F.
- Add the *bag of frozen fries to the air fryer. Air fry at 400° F for 16-20 minutes, until desired crispiness is reached, shaking the basket and giving the fries a good toss every 4-5 minutes. Season with sea salt to taste, if desired.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.