This Chickpea Salad with Olives and Walnuts makes a delicious gluten-free and vegan lunch that's ready in minutes with only 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste! Perfect on a sandwich or wrap, over greens or even as a cracker topper!Jump to Recipe
One of my signature sandwiches before giving up meat was chicken salad with olives and walnuts.
It was inspired by a cream cheese and olive finger sandwich I once had.
The combination of the saltiness of the olives and the subtle crunch of the walnuts is sooooo perfect.
And it works great with chickpeas instead of chicken too!
How to make chickpea salad with olives and walnuts
Start by adding olives, walnuts and chopped shallot to the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse 10-15 times, scraping the sides as needed. Add chickpeas and pulse approximately 7-10 more times until desired consistency is reached, again scraping the sides as needed.
Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in your favorite vegan mayonnaise plus salt and pepper to taste. You can lighten up this recipe by using our low-fat, oil-free vegan mayo.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Ideas for serving
Enjoy this salad as a sandwich on your favorite bread with lettuce, microgreens, a slice of vegan cheese or whatever else you like to put on your sandwiches. 🙂
You can also serve it on your favorite crackers, in a wrap or over greens.
You can store the chickpea salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Give it a good mix before using.
More vegan sandwiches
- Tempeh Bacon BLT
- Vegan "Egg and Cheese"
- Copycat Panera Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- Chickpea and Avocado Salad
Chickpea Salad with Olives and Walnuts
- Add olives, walnuts and chopped shallot to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped (approximately 10-15 times), scraping the sides as needed.
- Add chickpeas and pulse approximately 7-10 more times until desired consistency is reached, again scraping the sides as needed. The consistency should be somewhat similar to tuna salad.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in mayonnaise plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.