These one-bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites require less than 10 ingredients and just minutes to prep. These tasty no-bake pumpkin balls are also vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free and oil-free!Jump to Recipe
That is, of course, unless you are located in the Southern Hemisphere.
Then in that case, Happy Fall!
And if you are in New Jersey, Happy Who Knows What Season It Really Is!
Seriously, we can go from a few hours of winter to a few hours of summer to something reminiscent of spring/fall...all in the same day!
So then, it really doesn't matter that I'm posting an autumn-themed treat today on the first day of spring.
In my mind, pumpkin is awesome any time of the year!
And since this recipe requires the canned version of this winter squash, it really doesn't matter when you make it.
It's not like you need to pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch or anything. 😉
These blissful bites of pumpkin-y perfection will have you going pumpkin crazy all year long!
Not only are they tasty (I mean, they're formed from edible gluten-free cookie dough...hello), but they are also filled with better-for-you ingredients like unsweetened applesauce, whole-grain oat flour, vitamin-packed pumpkin puree and Ceylon cinnamon as well as the natural sweeteners coconut sugar and pure maple syrup.
Oh, and of course, we can't forget about the refined sugar-free chocolate chips.
On top of all this good stuff...
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough bites are are also:
- and MADE IN ONE BOWL!
How to make these pumpkin balls
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add pumpkin puree, applesauce, coconut sugar and vanilla extract together to a mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
Add oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
Stir to combine.
Add chocolate chips.
Fold to combine the chips into the dough.
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out dough.
Form dough into balls with your hands and place onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Storing the bites
Keep cookie dough bites refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days. They can also be kept in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
You might also enjoy:
- Pumpkin Pie Truffles
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bites
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup whole-grain, gluten-free oat flour
- ⅜ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life or Davis Chocolate)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a spoon, mix pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I recommend a #60 disher) to scoop out dough and form into balls with your hands (If you find the dough is hard to work with, refrigerate the bowl of dough for 10 minutes before scooping). Place dough balls onto parchment-lined baking sheet (makes approximately 14-15 dough balls depending on the size of your scoop).
- Place the sheet with the cookie dough balls in the freezer for 10 minutes.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.
They look so delicious and I love that you added some pumpkin to these cookie bites! A great way to incorporate some fiber into these!
Thanks so much, Christie! 🙂
I understand these were not what you expected and appreciate you stopping by to share your experience and suggestions. Hope you are staying well during this time.