This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
These scrumptious no-bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites are made of edible gluten-free cookie dough that’s also egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free & vegan! Enjoy with or without the optional chocolate drizzle. Make a bunch and stash them in your freezer so you’ll be ready when the cookie dough craving hits!
You know, I never realized how difficult it would be to “bite” into a ball of cookie dough until I was faced with the task of taking a picture of it.
I’ll admit, I definitely ate more than my fair share of these no-bake nom noms (for photography’s sake of course).
But not everything involved in making these little bites of lusciousness was all rainbows and chocolate chips.
For some strange reason, I hadn’t written down the exact measurements. Doh! Palm to the head!
Seriously, what was I thinking?
I guess I thought I would remember, but I was mistaken. That reminds me of a poster my dad used to have when I was growing up. It said…
“I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.”
Well, I was very mistaken and shaken (LOL – couldn’t help it) by the cookie dough catastrophe.
So, I did the only thing I could think of…I attached a memory machine to my brain and found the recipe!
Hahaha! I wish! Instead, I had a full-on nervous “bakedown.”
Well, I guess it was more of a nervous “no-bakedown,” but whatever!
After some retesting, and LOTS of tasting, I finally remembered the correct measurements and all was right with the world.
Sorry, too much watching of A Christmas Story this past holiday season. That dang TBS!
Anyway, please note that these edible cookie dough bites are:
- Refined Sugar-Free
- Oil-Free (when made without the optional chocolate drizzle)
- Made in just one bowl (when not using the optional chocolate drizzle)
On top of that, they require only seven ingredients (eight when made with the optional drizzle)!
So, now let’s get no-baking! 😉
How to make chocolate chip cookie dough bites
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add unsweetened applesauce, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
Stir in oat flour and salt.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out dough.
Form dough into balls with your hands and place onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place in freezer for 10 minutes. If not using the chocolate drizzle, you can go ahead and enjoy your cookie dough bites.
How to make the chocolate drizzle
If using the chocolate drizzle, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring between each one, until chocolate is smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
Dip a small spoon into the melted chocolate and using a back and forth motion, drizzle a line of chocolate across the top of each cookie dough bite.
Place cookie dough bites in the freezer for 10 more minutes.
So, what do you think? Drizzle or no drizzle? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites [Gluten-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free, Nut-Free, No-Bake]
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH BITES
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH BITES
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a spoon, mix applesauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in oat flour and salt.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I recommend a #50 or #60 disher) to scoop out dough and form into balls with your hands. Place dough balls onto parchment-lined baking sheet (makes approximately 10-12 dough balls).
- Place cookie dough balls on baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes.
FOR THE OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- If using the chocolate drizzle, make while cookie dough bites are in the freezer by combining 1 tablespoon chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each one, until chocolate is smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Dip a small spoon into the melted chocolate and using a back and forth motion, drizzle a line of chocolate across the top of each cookie dough bite. Repeat going in the other direction, if desired.
- Place cookie dough bites in the freezer for 10 more minutes.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.