This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also participate in additional affiliate programs. Please read my full disclosure here.
These Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bites are tasty no-bake treats filled with chocolate chips and rolled in shredded coconut. These almond butter balls are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and also free of added oils.
Oh, my! I must apologize for the language, but please understand it wasn't me...it was...one of the almond butter balls! 😉
But since we're on the subject, you know what can bite me? This past week...that's what!
What was so terrible about last week?
I have two words...THE FLU!
Knock on wood, I didn't have the flu. Unfortunately, though, it hit my youngest daughter pretty hard. She even missed the entire week of school! 🙁
But why stop there? She wasn't getting better, so the doctor sent her for chest X-rays for suspected pneumonia. Thankfully, it was not pneumonia, but it still was a chest infection.
In the meantime, my eldest was also very sick, but tested negative for the flu.
So, needless to say, we're all just trying to get back to normal over here...which of course, involves deep cleaning and MANY loads of laundry on my part.
On a positive note, these babies have kept me going all week!
What makes these almond butter balls so awesome?
Well, they are:
- Refined Sugar-Free
- Unsweetened, Unsalted Creamy Almond Butter (Be sure to use an almond butter that is not too runny, or the dough might not form properly. I used 365 brand organic creamy almond butter.)
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Coconut Sugar
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Refined Sugar-Free & Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup and packed with nutritious almond butter and whole-grain oat flour, these almond butter balls gave me the sweet indulgence I craved while at the same time, provided the protein and fiber I needed to refuel.
I must warn you that they are highly addictive little buggers...and you will want to BITE THEM...many times over. 😉
How to Make Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bites
First, add almond butter, applesauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
Stir together with a spoon.
Stir in oat flour and kosher salt.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out dough and form into balls with your hands. Place dough balls onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Roll each ball in shredded coconut and return to baking sheet.
Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Storing these no-bake bites
Keep cookie dough bites refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
They can also be kept in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
You might also enjoy:
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- ¼ cup unsweetened, unsalted creamy almond butter (I used 365 brand)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free, whole-grain oat flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (for rolling)
- Stir in oat flour and kosher salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut and return to baking sheet.
- Place dough balls on baking sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.