This flavor-packed tomato avocado toast is perfect for a nutritious breakfast or lunch. Easy to prepare in about 5 minutes! Naturally vegan and easy to make gluten-free too.Jump to Recipe
Avocado toast may have been made popular by millennials, but it is definitely here to stay.
In fact, it’s one of those things that just keeps getting better.
I mean, there are just so many tasty possibilities when it comes to topping creamy mashed avocado...yum!
And this tomato-y version is one of them..and quite possibly my new favorite. 😉
Try it for yourself and see what you think. 🙂
Ingredients you’ll need
- 2 Slices of Bread - You can use gluten-free or any type if you’re not avoiding gluten.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Cherry Tomatoes - You can use grape tomatoes instead if preferred or use heirloom cherry tomatoes to change up the color.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest - You can leave this off if you prefer.
- Salt - I used fine sea salt, but you can use coarse sea salt if you prefer or whatever salt you have on hand.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - You can use plain or change up the flavor by using a garlic-infused, lemon-infused or basil-infused extra virgin olive oil instead.
- Balsamic Glaze - My favorite brands are 365, Nonna Pia’s and Thrive Market. You can use balsamic vinegar instead, but note that it won't’ be as thick.
How to make tomato avocado toast
First, toast the bread to your liking.
Then, use a fork to mash the avocado with the lemon juice in a small bowl.
Spread half of the mashed avocado mixture onto each slice of toast.
Slice the tomatoes into thirds and evenly distribute on top of the mashed avocado on both pieces of toast.
Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle on olive oil and balsamic glaze.
Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
- This tomato avocado toast should be made at the time you are going to eat it. I do not recommend making it in advance because it does not keep well as the bread can become soggy and the avocado can brown.
- Be sure your avocado is ripe or it will be difficult to mash.
- You can easily multiply this recipe if you need more servings.
More vegan avocado recipes
Tomato Avocado Toast
- 2 slices bread, gluten-free or any type if not avoiding gluten
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced into thirds
- sea salt, to taste preference
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste preference
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzle
- balsamic glaze, for drizzle
- freshly grated lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, use a fork to mash the avocado with the lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spread half of the mashed avocado mixture onto each slice of toast.
- Evenly distribute the tomatoes on top of the mashed avocado on both pieces of toast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on olive oil followed by balsamic glaze.
- Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.