This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Combining a little bit of spicy with a little bit of sweet, this Southwest Lentil Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your Meatless Monday meal.
UPDATE: Please note the recipe card below has been adjusted to reflect the company’s new product line as the mixed lentil penne I originally used is no longer produced.
Last Monday, I shared my Lentil Pasta with Roasted Garlic, Broccoli and Creamy Red Pepper Sauce after receiving two bags of Modern Table Meals’ Mixed Lentil Penne. At that time, I also mentioned that I would be “showering” you with another recipe using the second bag.
Well, you needn’t wait any longer! The time has come! I present you with Southwest Lentil Pasta Salad!
Combining a little bit of spice with a little bit of sweet, this pasta salad is the perfect side dish for your Meatless Monday meal. In fact, it pairs really well with a big, juicy veggie burger. Mmm…Mmm…Mmm!
So, what’s going on in this dish? Well, for starters we have the amazing lentil pasta mixed with sweet corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeno, grape tomatoes and pepper jack cheese. And then we mix it all together with a shortcut dressing I like to call “fiesta” ranch.
Why do I call it “fiesta” ranch dressing? Well, it’s your basic ranch dressing mixed with taco seasoning. That’s it! Seriously! It’s that easy! And, it adds an awesome flavor to the mix that complements all those yummy veggies.
This dish is gluten-free, vegetarian and delicious! 🙂
So, are you ready to make it?
OK, then! Let’s get this party…I mean FIESTA…started!
Learn how to make it
Begin by combining ranch dressing and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Next, cook pasta according to package directions. Then drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again. Once completely drained, add pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add corn, red and green bell pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes and cheese. Toss to combine.
Stir in dressing.
Garnish with cilantro if desired. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
Southwest Lentil Pasta Salad
- 1 cup store bought ranch dressing (I used Marzetti Simply Dressed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz.) package Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn (chilled or room temperature)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (seeded)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (seeded)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (sliced lengthwise)
- 4 oz. cubed pepper jack cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish (if desired)
- Stir taco seasoning into ranch dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Once completely drained, add pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add corn, red and green bell pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Stir in dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
If you like pasta salad, try our Arugula Pasta Salad next.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received product samples from Modern Table Meals; however, I was not paid for my opinion. All my opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) when you purchase from Amazon through our link.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.