Arugula Pasta Salad [with Gluten-Free & Vegan Options]
Tossed in a lemon vinaigrette, this Arugula Pasta Salad is packed with grape tomatoes, roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, and pine nuts. It can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and vegan by using vegan cheese.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 12 oz. fusilli or rotini pasta (traditional or gluten-free)
- 2 cups baby arugula (packed)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (halved lengthwise)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts (not marinated, chopped)
- 1 cup lemon vinaigrette dressing (I used Marzetti brand; for the gluten-free and vegan options, ensure the dressing you choose has gluten-free and/or vegan ingredients)
- 1 cup vegetarian-friendly shredded provolone cheese, plus additional for garnish if desired (For the vegan option, use a vegan Parmesan cheese such as Violife or Follow Your Heart)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, plus additional for garnish if desired
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
Once completely drained, add pasta to a large mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Garnish with additional provolone cheese and pine nuts if desired.
Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.