Have you tried peanut powder yet?
Well, what are you waiting for?
With less calories and fat than traditional peanut butter, peanut powder can add protein and flavor to your recipes. I’ve been enjoying it in my oatmeal in the mornings and even put it on Cheerios now and then!
Then, one fine morning I was looking for some fruit to make a smoothie to take with me on the road. I found a frozen banana and was just about to make a banana berry smoothie when…
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it. I rubbed my eyes; I took a second glance. Could it be? Is this the magic ingredient I’ve been searching for? With the back of my hand on my forehead, I gasped, “Oh, peanut powder, where have you been all my life?”
OK, maybe it wasn’t that dramatic, but we like to have a little fun around here. 🙂
So, needless to say, the berries were out, the peanut powder was in and that would have been the end of it until…
I saw that lonesome apple sitting in the fruit bowl…
I bet you can guess what happened next!
To make this Apple Banana Smoothie with Peanut Powder, start by adding a frozen banana to your blender. I cut up my bananas before freezing to make the blending process easier. Then add chopped apple, coconut milk and peanut powder.
Blend until smooth. Top with ground cinnamon.
OR…you can take it up a notch and top with light coconut whipped topping or the whipped cream or whipped topping of your choice followed by ground cinnamon.
Either way, it’s delicious! 😉
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (I used So Delicious brand)
- 1 tablespoon peanut powder
- Ground cinnamon (for topping)
- Light coconut whipped topping or whipped cream (optional)
- Add frozen banana, chopped apple, coconut milk and peanut powder to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and whipped cream or coconut whipped topping if desired.