When you need a quick snack or easy lunch, mini pizza bagels are a perfect solution.
Making them from frozen is super easy...and making these delicous bites from frozen in the air fryer is super-duper easy! 😉
In fact, it only takes around 5 minutes to cook them to perfection.
If you love pizza snacks like these, you have to check out these air fryer pizza rolls next.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy way to make a snack or light quick lunch
- This recipe can apply to different flavors, like the pepperoni pizza bagel bites
- A simple meal that's easy enough for the kids to help make the own afterschool favorite snack in just a couple of minutes of cook time
- Using the Air Fryer cooks them in less time required than the oven style and they turn out wayyyy better
Ingredients you'll need
All you'll need is
a dollar and a dream a box of frozen bagel bites and some olive oil spray.
I used the Ore-Ida three cheese variety of bagel bites.
For the olive oil spray, be sure to use the non-aerosol, propellant-free type to avoid damaging your air fryer's non-stick finish.
You can also use a spritzer bottle and fill it with your own oil if you prefer.
How to air fry bagel bites
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the olive oil spray.
Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350° F.
Place the frozen mini pizzas in the air fryer.
Air fry the bagel bites at 350° F for 5-7 minutes until they are golden brown.
Tips for making frozen bagel bites in an air fryer
- For best results, the bagel bites should be cooked from frozen and not thawed.
- Be sure to place the pizza bagels in the air fryer in a single layer so that they are not overlapping or overcrowding the basket of your air fryer.
- If you are making more than one batch, you may need to reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes for subsequent batches.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the pizza bagels so as not to burn the cheese.
- Use a pair of tongs to remove them so you don't; burn yourself as the bites will be very hot.
- You can always add your favorite pizza toppings and spices if desired.
I used a 5.5 quart Ninja air fryer, but you can use any air fryer make and model.
If using a smaller model, you may need to cook the pizza bagels in batches which could potentially reduce the cooking time.
Check your manual and know what it recommends as far as heat and time settings based on the size of your Air Fryer.
Storing and reheating
Wrap leftover air fryer pizza bagels in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can also store leftover mini bagels in an airtight container using parchment paper in between layers of bagel pizza bites.
Either way, store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
You can reheat the bagel bite pizzas in the air fryer at 350° for a few minutes until warmed throughout.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! In fact, I think it's the best way to cook them! And now my pizza bagel-loving daughter won't even eat them made any other way!
To make a box of 9 bagel bites, it takes about 5-7 minutes in a 350° F preheated air fryer. If you don't preheat the air fryer, they might need an additional minute or two. Wrap leftover air fryer pizza bagels in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also store leftover mini bagels in an airtight container using parchment paper in between layers of bagel pizza bites. Either way, store the leftovers in the refrigerator. You can reheat the bagel bite pizzas in the air fryer at 350° for a few minutes until warmed throughout.
If your air fryer didn't come with a crisper plate or anything, that's no problem, you can make these frozen pizzas right in the basket of your fryer, or you can make a little aluminum foil tray if you prefer that for your little pizzas. This helps with clean up, but you need to make sure the air fryer still has room to circulate the hot air around so it can properly air fry the pizzas.
Making frozen bagel bites in the Air Fryer is always a crowd pleaser for the entire family. You're going to quickly love how fast you can have these mini pizzas on the table after a busy day!
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- 9 bagel bites (I used the Ore-Ida three cheese variety)
- non-aerosol, propellant free olive oil spray
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the olive oil spray.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350° F.
- Place pizza bagels in a single layer in the air fryer so that they are not overlapping.
- Air fry at 350° F for 5-7 minutes until pizza bagels are golden brown
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.