It's so easy to air fry frozen egg rolls, you'll never want to make them any other way! They come out perfectly crispy without the need for deep frying. Great as an appetizer, snack or lunch! Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.Jump to Recipe
Every time I walk past a Chinese restaurant, I literally start drooling as the smell of egg rolls frying in a pool of hot oil emanates into the air.
Luckily, I've found a way to enjoy this guilty pleasure without it being quite as guilty. 😉
All hail the air fryer!
All kidding aside, the air fryer really is a miracle worker when it comes to making your favorite frozen foods come out crispy without having to deep fry them in globs and globs of oil.
The only oil you need to make these egg rolls come out crispy in the air fryer is some avocado or olive oil spray.
OK, so what are you waiting for?
Let's get rolling...
See what I did there? 😉
Ingredients you'll need
To make these air fryer egg rolls, all you need are some vegetable egg rolls and avocado or olive oil spray.
Just be sure to use a non-aerosol, propellant-free oil spray to avoid damaging your air fryer's non-stick finish.
You can also use a spritzer bottle and fill it with your own oil if you prefer.
You can opt to enjoy the egg rolls alone or with some dipping sauce.
I personally like them with sweet chili sauce, but they are also good with some tamari/soy sauce, duck sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
How to make frozen egg rolls in the air fryer
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
Place egg rolls in the air fryer basket.
Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with the avocado or olive oil spray.
Air fry at 375° F for 6 minutes.
Carefully flip each egg roll using tongs.
Continue to air fry for another 5-9 minutes until golden brown.
Note that two egg rolls will take about 11-12 minutes total while four will take closer to 15 minutes.
Allow egg rolls to sit for about 2-3 minutes before eating as the filling will be hot.
- Be sure to place the egg rolls in the air fryer in a single layer so that they are not overlapping. This promotes even cooking.
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the frozen egg rolls; however if you do, note that you may need to reduce the cooking time by 2-3 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
No, the egg rolls should remain frozen until ready to cook.
Two to four average-sized egg rolls will take approximately 11-15 minutes at 375°. However, smaller egg rolls, such as the mini ones or the spring roll style ones, will take less time. You can cook these at the same temperature, checking them for doneness at around 6 minutes.
- Gluten-Free - Choose a gluten-free brand of egg rolls such as Feel Good Foods. When testing using this brand, I found them to cook quicker, for a total of 10 minutes. Since air fryers vary, I recommend cooking them at 375° F for 5 minutes, flipping and then cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Vegan - Choose a brand that uses vegan-friendly ingredients such as these vegetable egg rolls from Whole Foods.
I used a 5.5 quart Ninja air fryer, but you can use any air fryer make and model.
If your model does not have a temperature setting for 375° F, set it to 380° F.
Storing and reheating
Store leftover egg rolls covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can reheat them in a preheated air fryer at 350° for a few minutes until warmed throughout.
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- 2-4 frozen vegetable egg rolls (*I used Whole Foods brand; see notes below regarding a gluten-free option)
- non-aerosol, propellant-free avocado oil (can use non-aerosol, propellant-free olive oil if preferred)
- optional: dipping sauce such as tamari/soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, duck sauce, sweet and sour sauce
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Lightly grease the crisper plate or bottom of the air fryer basket with the avocado or olive oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in a single layer in the air fryer so that they are not overlapping. Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with the avocado or olive oil spray.
- Air fry at 375° F for 6 minutes. Carefully flip each egg roll using tongs. Continue to air fry for another 5-9 minutes until golden brown. Note that two egg rolls will take about 11-12 minutes total while four will take closer to 15 minutes.
- Allow egg rolls to sit for about 2-3 minutes before eating.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.