These "cheesy" chickpea tacos are easy to make in 10 minutes with just 5 ingredients! These vegan and gluten-free tacos are perfect for Taco Tuesday or whatever day your taco craving hits.Jump to Recipe
Why you'll love these tacos
I mean, they're tacos, so why wouldn't you love them, right? 🙂
But if you need some convincing, these easy peasy handheld delights will be on the table in about 10 minutes.
Guess I should've called them 10-minute tacos. 🙂
Anyway, moving on...
So when you've got hungry kiddos or you're feeling hangry, these tacos will get you closer to getting fed ASAP!
They're also made with 5 simple pantry ingredients and topped with anything that fits your fancy.
Go for the guac or smother with salsa...the choice is yours!
Ingredients you'll need
- Crispy Corn or Grain-Free Taco Shells (my favorite brands are 365, Garden of Eatin', Siete, and Thrive Market)
- Canned Chickpeas
- Vegetable Broth (used to sauté the chickpeas and for flavor; use low sodium if desired)
- Nutritional Yeast (gives these tacos a cheesy flavor without the need for vegan cheese)
- Taco Seasoning (use low sodium if desired)
- Toppings of Choice
How to make vegan chickpea tacos
Warm the taco shells according to the package directions.
Heat the vegetable broth in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast and taco seasoning.
Stir to combine and sauté until the liquid is absorbed.
Divide the chickpea mixture into the taco shells.
Can I make these tacos oil-free?
Yes, you can make these oil-free by using oil-free soft corn taco shells instead of the hard taco shells.
You can warm the soft taco shells on the stove-top, in the oven, or in the microwave according to package directions.
More quick and easy vegan recipes
Easy Chickpea Tacos
- Warm the taco shells according to the package directions.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast and taco seasoning. Stir to combine and sauté until the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into the taco shells and add toppings of your choice.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.