These "cheesy" chickpea tacos are easy to make in 10 minutes with just 5 ingredients! These vegan and gluten-free tacos are perfect for Taco Tuesday or whatever day your taco craving hits.Jump to Recipe
Why you'll love these tacos
I mean, they're tacos, so why wouldn't you love them, right? 🙂
But if you need some convincing, these easy peasy handheld delights will be on the table in about 10 minutes.
Guess I should've called them 10-minute tacos. 🙂
Anyway, moving on...
So when you've got hungry kiddos or you're feeling hangry, these tacos will get you closer to getting fed ASAP!
They're also made with 5 simple pantry ingredients and topped with anything that fits your fancy.
Go for the guac or smother with salsa...the choice is yours!
Ingredients you'll need
- Crispy Corn or Grain-Free Taco Shells (my favorite brands are 365, Garden of Eatin', Siete, and Thrive Market)
- Canned Chickpeas
- Vegetable Broth (used to sauté the chickpeas and for flavor; use low sodium if desired)
- Nutritional Yeast (gives these tacos a cheesy flavor without the need for vegan cheese)
- Taco Seasoning (use low sodium if desired)
- Toppings of Choice
How to make vegan chickpea tacos
Warm the taco shells according to the package directions.
Heat the vegetable broth in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast and taco seasoning.
Stir to combine and sauté until the liquid is absorbed.
Divide the chickpea mixture into the taco shells.
Add toppings of your choice, such as salsa (store-bought or try our 5-minute salsa), shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, cilantro, or guacamole (either store bought or try our 5-minute guacamole).
Can I make these tacos oil-free?
Yes, you can make these oil-free by using oil-free soft corn taco shells instead of the hard taco shells.
You can warm the soft taco shells on the stove-top, in the oven, or in the microwave according to package directions.
More quick and easy vegan recipes
Easy Chickpea Tacos
- 12 crispy corn or grain-free taco shells (*See notes for oil-free option)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (use low sodium if desired)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning (use low sodium if desired)
- optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, cilantro
- Warm the taco shells according to the package directions.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chickpeas, nutritional yeast and taco seasoning. Stir to combine and sauté until the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into the taco shells and add toppings of your choice.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.
Leave a Reply