These Easy Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes are garlicky, cheesy and super simple to make – a perfect vegetarian side dish for busy nights.
These Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes are incredibly easy to make and taste absolutely amazing.
That is, if you like garlic of course. 🙂
But then again, you wouldn’t be making Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes if you didn’t like garlic, so let’s face it – you’ll love these!
And you’ll especially love the fact that this recipe is so simple to put together. Using pre-shredded cheese, garlic powder instead of garlic cloves and dried parsley in place of fresh makes this dish super fast to make.
So, if you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table, make these Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes for your side dish tonight!
Learn how to make them
Get started by peeling and cubing the potatoes so that they are uniform in size. Then place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with one inch of cold water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to maintain a steady rolling boil.
Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Add butter and half-and-half. Mash with a potato masher until lumps are gone.
Add cheese, garlic powder, salt and dried parsley.
Stir to combine.
Easy Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Peel and cube potatoes so that they are uniform in size.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with one inch of cold water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to maintain a steady rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender (approximately 15-20 minutes). Be careful not to overcook or the potatoes will become too starchy.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot.
- Add butter and half-and-half. Mash with a potato masher until lumps are gone.
- Stir in cheese, and then the garlic powder, salt and dried parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more mashed potatoes? Give our Sour Cream, Onion & Chive Mashed Potatoes a try next. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) when you purchase from Amazon through our link.
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.