These Easy Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes are garlicky, cheesy and super simple to make - a perfect vegetarian side dish for busy nights. They're also easy to make vegan with just a few swaps.
These Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes are incredibly easy to make and taste absolutely amazing.
That is, if you like garlic of course. 🙂
But then again, you wouldn't be making Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes if you didn't like garlic, so let's face it - you'll love these!
And, you'll especially love the fact that this recipe is so simple to put together.
Using pre-shredded cheese, garlic powder instead of garlic cloves and dried parsley in place of fresh makes this dish super fast to make.
So, if you're in a hurry to get dinner on the table, make these Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes for your side dish tonight!
How to Make Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Get started by peeling and cubing the potatoes so that they are uniform in size.
Then place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with one inch of cold water.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to maintain a steady rolling boil.
Cook until potatoes are tender all the way through. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot.
Add butter (or vegan butter) and half-and-half (or plant-based alternative). Mash with a potato masher until lumps are gone.
Add cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese), garlic powder, salt and dried parsley.
Stir to combine.
More mashed potato recipes:
- Mashed potatoes with vegan sour cream
- Mashed potatoes without milk
- Mashed potatoes with vegan cream cheese
- Mashed potatoes with nutritional yeast
Easy Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 2 ½ lb. white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (use vegan butter for the vegan option)
- ½ cup half-and-half (use unsweetened plant-based milk such as soy or oat for vegan option - use certified GF milk if needed)
- 1 cup finely shredded, vegetarian-friendly cheddar cheese (use vegan cheddar-style shreds for the vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Peel and cube potatoes so that they are uniform in size.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with one inch of cold water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to maintain a steady rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are tender all the way through (approximately 15-20 minutes). Be careful not to overcook or the potatoes will become too starchy.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot.
- Add butter and half-and-half. Mash with a potato masher until lumps are gone.
- Stir in cheese, and then the garlic powder, salt and dried parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.