Roasted broccoli is easy to make in the air fryer in just 10 minutes! Perfect alongside just about any main course and easily customizable too, this nutritious veggie dish is also a hit with all types of eaters including the kiddos!Jump to Recipe
Why you'll love this recipe
- Requiring just 2 ingredients (broccoli and olive oil) plus salt and pepper, this air fryer broccoli is quick and easy to make! In fact, it's ready in half the time of my oven-roasted broccoli and you don't have to heat up the oven or your house.
- Air frying the broccoli gives it the same crispy edges/tender middle as oven-roasting and brings out an amazing flavor you just can't get from steaming or sautéing.
- Air fried broccoli is perfect as a side with your favorite main course, mixed into pasta, or as a pizza topping!
- On its own, broccoli is low in calories but high in fiber. It's also a good source of vitamins and minerals such as folate, vitamin C and manganese.
How to make roasted broccoli in the air fryer - step by step
Cut broccoli into florets of similar size.
Add broccoli florets to a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to combine.
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
For example, my Ninja air fryer comes with a crisper plate that fits right into the basket.
Add the broccoli to the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 390° F for 7-10 minutes until desired crispiness is reached, shaking the basket every 2-3 minutes to prevent burning.
- Be sure the broccoli florets are similar in size as this will promote even cooking.
- The longer you cook the broccoli, the more crispy it will get. Just be aware that it can go from crispy to burnt very quickly.
- Smaller florets will take less time to cook and crisp up faster versus larger ones.
Storing and reheating
Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, leftover broccoli will last for about 3-5 days.
The broccoli is best reheated in the air fryer at 350° F for a few minutes until hot. Just be sure to check it so that it doesn't burn.
Alternately, you can also microwave the leftovers but note that the broccoli will not be as crispy.
- Add a garlicky flavor by tossing the broccoli with garlic-infused oil or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder before cooking.
- Add a lemony flavor by tossing with lemon-infused olive oil before cooking or after cooking, squirt on some fresh lemon juice and sprinkle on some lemon zest.
- After cooking, top with some vegan Parmesan cheese, store-bought or this homemade pumpkin seed Parm.
- Pour on some vegan cheese sauce, cashew cheese sauce or vegan béchamel.
- For a hint of heat, try garnishing with some crushed red pepper flakes.
More air fried veggies
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Add broccoli florets to a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to combine.
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Add the broccoli to the air fryer basket. Air fry at 390° F for 7-10 minutes until desired crispiness is reached, shaking the basket every 2-3 minutes to prevent burning. Season with more salt if desired.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.