Air fryer squash is an easy-to-make side dish that's ready in 15 minutes or less! Naturally vegan and gluten-free, this recipe features both zucchini and yellow squash tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper.Jump to Recipe
Why you’ll love this recipe
- With only 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper, this summer squash recipe is super easy to make in just minutes!
- It's the perfect side dish for almost any main course.
- Roasting the squash in the air fryer gives it an amazing texture and brings out its natural sweetness.
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
How to make air fryer squash - step by step
First, wash the squash and pat it dry with a paper towel.
Then, cut both ends off of each squash.
Cut each squash into ¼” circles.
Add to a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to combine.
If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it.
For example, my Ninja air fryer comes with a crisper plate that fits right into the basket.
Add the squash to the air fryer basket.
Air fry at 400° F for 8-12 minutes until desired texture and browning is reached, shaking the basket 2-3 times during cooking.
If you would like the squash softer, cook for up to 3 more minutes.
Tips and variations
- Store leftover summer squash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Squash can be reheated in the microwave until warmed throughout.
- If you prefer, you can cut the squash into half moons instead of circles. To do so, first cut each squash down the middle lengthwise and then slice into ¼" half moons.
- You don't have to use 1 zucchini and 1 yellow squash...you can use 2 of the same summer squash instead if you'd like.
- You can change up the flavor by tossing with some fresh herbs after cooking such as parsley, rosemary, thyme, etc. or try squirting on some lemon juice or topping with vegan Parmesan and/or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Try using the squash as a pizza topping or mixing it with pasta or rice.
More air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Squash
- Cut ends off of each squash. Either cut squash into ¼” circles or cut down the middle lengthwise and then slice into ¼ ” half moons.
- Add the cut squash to a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- If your air fryer has a separate elevated crisping tray or plate, be sure to insert it. Add the squash to the air fryer and distribute evenly in the basket. Air fry at 400° F for 8-12 minutes until desired texture and browning is reached, shaking the basket to toss the squash 2-3 times during cooking. If you want the squash softer, cook for up to 3 more minutes.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and images are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.