Watch the air fryer green beans recipe video
Why you'll love these easy air fryer green beans
- It takes just 8-10 minutes to make this easy side dish in the air fryer making these green beans the perfect addition to any weeknight dinner.
- Roasting the green beans in the air fryer rather than the oven means you don't have to use your oven and heat up your house.
- Air frying is a great way to cook them because it brings out more flavor in the green beans than simply just steaming or boiling them, making this a delicious side dish that's bound to satisfy picky eaters.
- This easy recipe is the perfect side dish for your favorite foods.
- Using a prewashed and pretrimmed package of green beans makes this simple recipe even simpler by allowing for minimal prep time.
- The air fryer is a game changer and it will not only become your favorite way to cook green beans, but other veggies too such as our air fried broccoli and air fried asparagus.
Ingredients you'll need to cook green beans in the air fryer
- Fresh Green Beans (I used a prewashed and pretrimmed bag which I found in the produce section of the grocery store)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you can substitute avocado oil if preferred)
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make fresh green beans in an air fryer
Add the green beans to a large mixing bowl.
Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Toss to incorporate the ingredients.
Add to the air fryer basket and shake to distribute evenly.
Be sure to insert the crisper tray first if your air fryer has a removable one.
Air fry at 375° F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes.
Note that air fryer temperatures vary.
If your model does not have a temperature setting for 375° F, set it to 380° F.
- Garlicky - Add ¼ teaspoon garlic powder before tossing to give the green beans a garlic flavor.
- Cheesy - Transfer the cooked green beans to a serving plate and sprinkle on some grated Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan.
- Hint of Heat - Garnish with a bit of crushed red pepper flakes before serving.
- Asian-Inspired - Replace the olive oil with sesame oil and add ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder before tossing. Then garnish with roasted sesame seeds.
- Italian-Inspired - Add ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and up to 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning before tossing. If desired, top with the Parmesan mentioned in the "cheesy" variation.
Equipment you'll need
I used a Ninja 5.5 quart air fryer, but you can use any air fryer make and model you'd like.
Store leftover green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More air fryer recipes
- Home Fries in the Air Fryer
- Hash Brown Patties in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Eggplant
- Air Fried Mashed Potato Balls
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 12 oz washed and trimmed green beans (I used a package that was prewashed and pretrimmed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or more or less to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more or less to taste
- Combine the green beans, olive oil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Toss to incorporate the ingredients. Add to the air fryer basket and shake to distribute evenly (insert the crisper tray first if your air fryer has one).
- Air fry at 375° F for 8-10 minutes depending on your preferred texture and level of browning.
(Please refer to the post above for instructional photographs and other helpful information for this recipe)
©Watch Learn Eat. All content and images are copyright protected. Recipes and photos are not to be used or republished without prior permission. If you adapt this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the original recipe.
Leave a Reply